Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this unit, came home, washed it using wash mit and same soap I wash my vehicles with from Eagle One, used shami to dry off. Now I have swirl scratches that are very visible in the black portion of the plastics. What the hell causes these scratches and how do you get them out now, because waxing does not work?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

get that first wash over with

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
cover the scratches with dirt and you won't see them anymore!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sc1 is the way to go. And it smells amazing!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya scratches from drying happens first time on most sxs brands. look it over and don't use it until your ready for scratches as its factory fresh one time only

·
Registered
47 Posts
is this a forum about show cars or ATVs/SxSs that go into dirty places?

you will get over it quick once you get it dirty once. It will never be the same.
The plastics are cheap

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just bought this unit, came home, washed it using wash mit and same soap I wash my vehicles with from Eagle One, used shami to dry off. Now I have swirl scratches that are very visible in the black portion of the plastics. What the hell causes these scratches and how do you get them out now, because waxing does not work?

Oh man, the first time I washed mine samething, I feel your pain. Then I took it out to mud Muckers where it was so muddy we had to make our own paths and while following some "skinner" poo poos I wedged mine between two trees....there goes All my concerns about scratches. I really tried hard at first but just let it go man. You will make yourself miserable trying to keep her perfect.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Mine started at the dealership when they cleaned off the extra oil and from my post filter! All over the hood

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, my first detail happened when I tried riding my max turned over on the passenger side. It didnt go very far once I got it off the wheels, but the scuffs and scrapes look bad ass! Ive got more fun out of the story at this point than I would if someone pointed out how clean it looked for sure! Its not a car, just beat the hell out of it. I recommend running it through scrub brush at really high speeds, then the swirls will disappear!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
run it along a brick wall...it will buff out :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I noticed on my sxs if I wash with a soap that had wax in it the wax gets in the scratches looks milky and makes the scratches more visable. I just wash with dawn now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just picked up my xmr today and the black plastic was scratched all to hell before even loading up on trailer,I know its a wheeler and its going to get scratched but never even had mud on it yet plastic seems cheap

1 - 20 of 23 Posts