Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else a little bothered buy how then and flimsy our factory plastics are, or the amount of crappy plastic clip there are hold in them in place?!!

I have already got tons of scrapes a lots of cracks, and broken panels, and the cost to replace back with stock then and flimsy is ridiculous!!! I hat to say it but my friends RzR has held up a lot better than mine and we always go out together riding. He has some deep scrathes but nothing is cracked and broken like mine.

I do not know if the aftermarket are better and cheaper, but it looks lik i will be doing a Exso cage and aluminum panels!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
First thing I noticed was how easy to scratch and cheap the plastics was. Mine is scratched from one end to the other

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Dealer scratched mine up on assembly but no broken plastic.
I don't care I bought it to have fun and scratches will happen
Nothing stays new forever

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yea the plastics are crap on these things. I have mine pulled off and getting painted with automotive paint to try and help with the scratch's. Also had to replace 2 pieces of plastic already also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are the plastics on the Mav a cheaper grade than what comes on the Commander?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems like it to me hell my friend sat on the front of it and you could see them denim jeans marks!!! I know mine will get scratched up a lot but dagum I have had a lot of other atvs and nothing is like these plastics!!! My old 250R has be flipped and rode through the stuff for 20+ year and it fairs a hell of a lot better than what the plastic of the maverick are in only a week!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
My front right small panel that says Maverick on flew off in the wind during transportation. I was pissed. I understand that plastic will scratch and I'm fine with that, but it shouldn't crack until it's been in the sun for a long time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Agreed scratching faster than any of my quads ever did and of course i took the damn decal off the rear fender the first time i pressure washed the mud off it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
My plastic is fine !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
128 Posts
have you guys not owned a side by side or atv before? i dont see this being any different from my RZR or anything else we have had

·
Registered
69 Posts
The black doesn't help anything with scratches. Every little swish shows up like a sore thumb. Swore I'd never have another black ATV after by 07' Raptor but it just looks so great while its wet or clean. Just hard to keep it that way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So just scratch break them all off and run it naked huh??:cool2:

No what i am saying is the plastics are just crap and not durable compare to everything else i have owned

·
Registered
998 Posts
have you guys not owned a side by side or atv before? i dont see this being any different from my RZR or anything else we have had
Well lets see hear, 09 rzr s, 11 rzr xp, 02 ktm 125, 04 yz 250, 02 ktm 380, 08 kx450f and I'm sure I missed a few. The rzr plastics, especially the rzr s painted plastics held up twice as good riding the same trails. My stuff gets hand washed after every ride so I'm pretty sure I know my can am plastics ain't holding up like the popo

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

are your guys tires showing signs of use to ? lol jk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree 100%. Rzr plastics (I had black with all decals pulled) held up way better. Some of you guys are so cool it doesnt matter I guess but I would also prefer them to hold up a little better.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buuurrrnnn!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After market guys need to take this in!!! Are plastics Suck and i will not buy factory crap to replace the junk that is broken and torn up!!!! So who ever comes out with something better you will have my money for sure!!!

I should have made a poll on the start of this thread!!!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
im lucky havnt been in the woods yet,

are the plastics soft and scratching easier ? deep scratches or something

1 - 20 of 38 Posts