Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For u guys who have plasti dipped there can am did u remove the plastic or just tape up and spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Better idea, don't do it! Removed plastic, and did it. Pita, and didn't last long. Spend your time on something worthwhile unless you never see a tree branch, or pressure washer

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
For u guys who have plasti dipped there can am did u remove the plastic or just tape up and spray

I only sprayed the removable hood but Glamisfan masked everything and sprayed it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i don't like that stuff, did some wheels with it and when i put them back on it wrinkled up around the lugnuts and wanted to peel off. waste of time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It has limited application where it does perform excellent.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I looked good at first. But now the rear fenders wiggle a little bit so you can see an 1/8" of yellow on the quarter panels. Good enough for me, but maybe not everybody. But the hood area still looks good.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is it really a pain in the a'' to peel off?
I wanna do it just to tell my wife I traded buggies out with someone else, watch her freak out n get all mad then show her it ours. Gotta keep the blood flowing in our house. She is emotionally attached to our Mavreick somehow, so if I was to pull a fast trade on this one she will flip. I wouldn't though this has been our favorite buggy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It depends on how thick your coat's are. The thicker it is, the easier it comes off. The thicker coat allows it to peel off in larger pieces.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I figured it would do I just don't know if it would be worth tearing it all the way apart. I ride in heavily wooded areas

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's worth a try, I love the blacked out maverick

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's what I figured it would do I just don't know if it would be worth tearing it all the way apart. I ride in heavily wooded areas
QUOTE]

Then take the easier road and just mask everything off and spray away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are ya'll taking the stickers off? masking them? or just spraying over them? I'm about to spray mine, but not sure how it'll hold up with the type of riding I do (woods/mud). Don't realy want to strip all the stickers off if the plastidip doesn't work out....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would peel the stickers off and any glue off, then spray away. If you get scratches from branches or bushes, you can spray right over the top of the scratch to touch it up. Once it dries, you will barely notice it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I sprayed over my stickers to

·
Registered
548 Posts
would it work to spray over stickers, then run around them with an xacto knife and peel the plasti dip off of the stickers? then you would have your color changed and decals/stickers showing too. I've never used the stuff, but from what I have read about it, it seems that this would work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts