Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at pitbull tires for awhile now. Everything I've read says you can't go wrong with the Rockers or the Growlers. I'm mainly getting them to run in the woods and for the snow. I do run the dunes as well bit I will run my stock bighorns or get some paddles for that. I am wanting I stick with 12" wheels but don't know it I want to go 27.5x9's in the front or just go with the 27.5x11's all the way around. Does anyone have any experience with the pitbull tires? I know there heavy, but do they hook up good? And how do they wear?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've been looking at pitbull tires for awhile now. Everything I've read says you can't go wrong with the Rockers or the Growlers. I'm mainly getting them to run in the woods and for the snow. I do run the dunes as well bit I will run my stock bighorns or get some paddles for that. I am wanting I stick with 12" wheels but don't know it I want to go 27.5x9's in the front or just go with the 27.5x11's all the way around. Does anyone have any experience with the pitbull tires? I know there heavy, but do they hook up good? And how do they wear?

THey are great. i run them on both of my rigs, BUTT dont run the 11s in front . just to much tire, if anything run the 9s all way around.
Im runninf the 9s in front and 11s on rear, but going to try the 9s all way around in next rally raid race.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I like the rockers too, but am worried about being as good as the bighorns
I'm sure they are heavier which concerns me

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are about 10lbs heavier per tire than bighorns. They do hook great as seems to be a softer rubber to me. I cut them alot in the side wall unless running 14lbs of air. but guess thats the trade off, soft and traction or hard and durable .

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys have any pictures of them on your machines?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good luck on getting them. I held out for a couple months waiting on them, but the 27X9X14 and 11X14's weren't available and the guy from Pitbull had no idea when they'd arrive. I settled for Roctanes instead. They're still an 8 ply tire and have been pretty good so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts