Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions based on first hand experience, rather it be behind a steering wheel or from the sidelines. Please give me as much detail of your experience as possible such as terrain type, machine they were one, what size, durability.... if you have seen both in action then write me a story lol. Ive spent a lot of time around rockers so I know how they are for the most part, but they were on a Renegade so weight is a major difference. but I need a comparison if you have one.

·
Banned
122 Posts
Been asking this questions myself for a few weeks...
I don't think many have dished out the coin for the pitbull's so their opinion is automatically biased.
Would really appreciate someones experience with both..

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
ive put about 600 miles on the rockers and over 3000 on evos. The rockers where a little heavier , not much, I did feel like the rockers would grip better , they even felt softer to the touch. Take a new set on on black top and spin them once and you will see they are soft,( peel back quick) . The Evos , have no lack in traction but seem to be a little harder compound then the pitbulls. The Evos def tougher. I put a couple of holes in the rockers and ive never punchered a Evo ( although my 14 yr did find a way). Traction ill give to the rockers, durability i think the evos. I dont think the evos give up enough to risk having to plug holes .

·
Banned
122 Posts
^^Thanks for the reply (even though i would likely get the growlers over the rockers). I was concerned with the weight of the pitbulls but everyone that has them say they grip so damn well it makes up for it! Likely due to the additional sidewall flex they allow.

It seems like ITP really raised the bar here with the evo's.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I put about 50 trail miles on a set of pitbulls on a XP 900 a couple of weeks ago. I noticed they had a lot of side bite during off camber situations and large ruts. Felt like a good gripping tire, but I didn't buy them for my Mav because they are much heavier than the original bighorns that I ended up buying.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im running the rockers and like them. Been rough on them and they are holding up. I do run tubes in them also but running hipers dual beedlocks and all had slow leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts