Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very cool and priced competitively as well. Still think they should include it as the standard equipment.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not out yet as far as I know. People on here were supposed to test it a few months ago but nobody said anything since.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So you still need to buy weights and a spring for this clutch. Wonder what that will cost? And how hard will it be to figure out the tuning and if the springs and weights will be sold as a kit or individually?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rooster weights as they call them are $200 and springs are $25. So a little cheaper than the QSC.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The clutch on the newer Cats is team right? And as far as I know they have not had issues....so one would hope this is a nice clutch too. Looks like the QSC doesn't it?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Team makes the factory Polaris clutches, the QSC is a factory Polaris clutch with a different stationary sheave and custom cover so that it will fit in the Can Am. So that is why it looks similar. This clutch has a different end cover than the usual Polaris clutch I believe, probably so it will fit in the belt cover. Should be very similar in performance to the QSC I would think. I'm surprised we haven't heard much about this lately.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Anyone know how this clutch stacks up with the other aftermarket clutches?
It's the same as a QSC minus the billet goodies from what I understand. Looks like a great option.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The rooster weights as they call them are $200 and springs are $25. So a little cheaper than the QSC.
So it will still cost about $725 and you still have to figure out what spring and weights to run for proper tuning.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya pretty much, I'm sure once they are out the people selling them will have setups for them. I expect it to be like the QSC except their Rooster weights are different than the QSC made weights, so it's hard to say how they compare.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
u can use Polaris weights and springs just get sum used stuff off there forum

on another note, the rzr's and kitty's have belt issues and clutch problems with there team clutches to ??

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Sure do I bet more then canam does but atleast there's is smoother on take off and can handle more hp its just going to wear out sooner then the canam clutch Around 4000 to 5000 miles the popo clutch needs rebuilt

·
Registered
711 Posts
TEAMs casting techniques have never been the best. I see at least one polaris 900 clutch blown to pieces a week, i have seen half dozen of the new wildcats with cracked or busted sheaves. The casting is extremely porous, and extremely brittle. Team makes the castings terribly thin to minimize weight and rotating mass to help with the motor creating faster inertia of the clutch. with these thin castings i see alot of problems. The TEAM clutch is a junk pile on a stock machine. i have had take-off clutches straight off a brand new machine after i install a complete new clutch setup, and seen as much at .012 of sheave wobble from the center bushing being so sloppy. i have NEVER been impressed with the quality of the TEAM clutches. in my eyes they are a cheaply made thrown together hunk of funk. they do absolutely work, but they will beat themselves to death on a can-am. i look for the clutch to have a maximum of 2000 mile lifespan unless they got smart and put rubber o-rings under the graphite slider bushings in the spyder. otherwise the can-am engine is going to beat those sliders up and they're gonna start cracking the spyder. i am sure TEAM has it all figured out, but they have not had the best reputation for the highest of quality. they have a reputation of being the cheapest and thats why most OE manufacturers choose them, not because their clutches are good, its because they're cheap.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would believe that just because I know most manufacturers have a hard time putting quality ahead of the price point there trying to maintain.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Call me a stubborn jackass but I can't put a popo clutch on my can am!! Ill stick with airdam cvtech or STM! Haven't ever blown a belt with the airdam cvtech and it flat out performs!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Call me a stubborn jackass but I can't put a popo clutch on my can am!! Ill stick with airdam cvtech or STM! Haven't ever blown a belt with the airdam cvtech and it flat out performs!!
stubborn jackass :smile:

Reactions: Driller77
1 - 20 of 21 Posts