Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a picture of the Unisteer high articulating steering rack. As you can see the tie rods can move a full 90 degrees. They use heims and clevis's but they are in the exact angle and location of stock pivot so steering effort and angles stay the same.

These are not due out until first part of next year.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets see what they actually are. Since you got a prototype model how are you going to test it?
It is and I am not testing it like you think I am, it's already done over a month like two months on two GNCC race teams. Passed!!!

It's not a prototype, it is a final production piece, they just don't have them built up for sale yet.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I jumped the gun, Unisteer called me. These won't be out until after the first of the year. Mine is a production piece just didn't make but like four, the other three went to racers to test.

I am at a stopping point, I have their power steering and I don't have the short shaft to go from rack to power steering.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are these a different ratio steering rack than stock?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I did. If you mean the joint inside the boot, I better not. They already called me about saying anything. It is heim just like any other.
yeah that's what I'd like to see, im on my 6th set of inner tie rods and was considering make a clevis setup. I just wanted a picture to reference distances. If you can't post it on here can you PM me. I have a 6 hour race next weekend and these inners don't hours and im concerned about it being a safety issue.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Are the stock racks week and breaking once you upgrade the tie rods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts