Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. 1.jpg

Finally are able to post a picture of the maverick flipped after a tie rod broke and launched them forward and slammed them down. As you can see they were on flat sand.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm glad you posted the pic to finally shut up all the haters.

·
Registered
221 Posts
that cage looks F&*(ed how fast where they going ? hope no one got mangled to bad .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were going like 25-30. Yes the maverick is trash, I am sure they will total it. Everything is messed up. The driver got 4 broken ribs, tail bone and messed up ear. The seat came un done in the back, that is why he has 4 broken ribs. :(

·
Registered
684 Posts
where were you guys at when this happened? I am suprised that the seat belt didn't hold even though the seat came undone. I am glad that I got the 5 pt harness for my wife and daughter.
I hope everyone makes a full recovery!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I wish that I had bought the 4 or 5 point harness. And other seat came 100% undone. Live and learn, when we get a new one there will be alot of changes made before it os driven that is for sure. I just do not want anyone else to get hurt, or even killed over this.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My 5pt harness' were the very first thing to go in the car before it was ever taken out riding.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My 5pt harness' were the very first thing to go in the car before it was ever taken out riding.
Desertdog, my 5pt harnesses are in the garage waiting on my bar to show up. How did you mount the 5th point? Do you have a picture of how it was done?
thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agreed....mine was barely ridden before the harnesses arrived and were put in. After being in Class 1 cars, I got spoiled by the safety of a harness and felt naked without it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's been awhile (and a few beers ago) since I installed my harness, but isn't the seatbelt hooked to the frame at all points?

·
Registered
761 Posts
The upper part is attached to the cage, and if you have seen the pictures I have seen then you would understand how the driver got so messed up. That cage folded down badly on the drivers side..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Desertdog, my 5pt harnesses are in the garage waiting on my bar to show up. How did you mount the 5th point? Do you have a picture of how it was done?
thanks.
Here is a pic. Both sides are similar. I welded a tab to the frame.
5 pt seattab.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts