Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. Vehicle Automotive tire Car All-terrain vehicle Auto part

Finally are able to post a picture of the maverick flipped after a tie rod broke and launched them forward and slammed them down. As you can see they were on flat sand.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm glad you posted the pic to finally shut up all the haters.

·
Registered
221 Posts
that cage looks F&*(ed how fast where they going ? hope no one got mangled to bad .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were going like 25-30. Yes the maverick is trash, I am sure they will total it. Everything is messed up. The driver got 4 broken ribs, tail bone and messed up ear. The seat came un done in the back, that is why he has 4 broken ribs. :(

·
Registered
684 Posts
where were you guys at when this happened? I am suprised that the seat belt didn't hold even though the seat came undone. I am glad that I got the 5 pt harness for my wife and daughter.
I hope everyone makes a full recovery!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I wish that I had bought the 4 or 5 point harness. And other seat came 100% undone. Live and learn, when we get a new one there will be alot of changes made before it os driven that is for sure. I just do not want anyone else to get hurt, or even killed over this.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My 5pt harness' were the very first thing to go in the car before it was ever taken out riding.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The upper part is attached to the cage, and if you have seen the pictures I have seen then you would understand how the driver got so messed up. That cage folded down badly on the drivers side..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Desertdog, my 5pt harnesses are in the garage waiting on my bar to show up. How did you mount the 5th point? Do you have a picture of how it was done?
thanks.
Here is a pic. Both sides are similar. I welded a tab to the frame.
Auto part Metal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.