Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my chopped cage.jpg
I cut 4"out of my stock cage ,I still gonna add a harness bar & a intrusion bar,, What do y'all think

Reactions: StefCom

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Need a closer picture but looks good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Look's good, angle matches the line of the door nicely.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Nice work. Cage looks great. I wanted to do something like this or get aftermarket, but after duning with a Pro Armor bimini top that hangs down 4 or more inches in the front, I'm going to leave the stock cage alone. I lose to much field of vision while duning, and can't see far enough ahead when going thru the big dunes and bowls. It makes it hard to pick a good line on the next hill, while coming down on the previous hill, plus when duning I lose sight on the cars or quads around me including the ones I'm duning with. Gotta see where I'm going, plus what the knuckleheads around me are doing.

Love the look of a lower cage, just not practical IMO for the kind of riding I do mostly. I will eventually do some re-inforcing on my stocker, with intrusion bars, welded in harness bar, X bracing in the rear and roof areas, and some gussets for strength.

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you lower your seats any?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, haven't touched them yet. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
View attachment 7567
I cut 4"out of my stock cage ,I still gonna add a harness bar & a intrusion bar,, What do y'all think
How do you like your Toy Hauler? Does the Maverick fit easily? Do you have to take the bumper off, or flatten the tires?
I'm in the market for one and don't really know where to begin. It has to be light because I have a 1/2 ton truck.

As far as the chopped cage goes, it looks great. That's how it should look stock.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maverick fits right in on stock tires,with another outlander in their also,I like it check them out
Forest river its a wolf pack 30 ft,my wifes tahoe pulls it,but I had to put airbags on their to handle it

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks great !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The chopped cage looks much better

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks good...any chance you could post up a bigger picture?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
And/or pictures of your progress while work was on-going?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts