Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I should be picking up my XXC on Tuesday. I'd like your recommendations on a few things. I want to add the following:

4/5 point harness
Winch
Roof
Stereo and speakers
Rear bumper

Ive read various threads and it seems like there are not alot of options out there for alot of items.

I see you need to add a cross bar to use the harness but only one I see is UTV's and it mounts to the second bar going up instead of the first like on the 13 year models. That cuts into my storage space too much. Any other options?

What about the rear bumper. UTV's looks solid what other choices do I have?

Roof/Stereo/Speakers - No clue as to install radio in dash or on roof so need info as to what route you went and why?

I assume the XXC frames etc... are the same as the maverick in regards to mount points and size.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Crawgator, I see your missing one important thing. First Mod I recommend is upgrading the tie-rods. Checkout some vendors on here. I recommend contacting AReed-CT racing. He'll be able to set you up pretty quickly. He also has some nice bumpers that you're looking for. I have a Warn 4500 elite on my Mav. Some awesome write ups on install also. I see people running Vipers on here too. All in what you can afford or want. Post some pics up when you get her home.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
218 Posts
Get the can am harness bar. It has harness tabs on it. It is also gusseted in the bends. I would not recommend a stereo on the roof. Raises you c/g. Utv inc has a very nice roof. The last time I had music in a Utv I put an amp under the glove box and a set of wake speakers then used my phone for the radio if you will.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crawgator, I see your missing one important thing. First Mod I recommend is upgrading the tie-rods. Checkout some vendors on here. I recommend contacting AReed-CT racing. He'll be able to set you up pretty quickly. He also has some nice bumpers that you're looking for. I have a Warn 4500 elite on my Mav. Some awesome write ups on install also. I see people running Vipers on here too. All in what you can afford or want. Post some pics up when you get her home.
I have been reading about the tie rods. Are they really that bad??

Do you know if there is any difference between the regular 64" mav vs the 60" mav XXC? I want to make sure it wil fit and my dealer said there are only a few winches that will fit the XXC due to the narrow gap where the winch goes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The tie rods really depends on how hard you actually ride. I have actually never bent a can am tie rod. Have broken and bent the tie rod bolts though. This was on a commander that I XC raced.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have a Viper Elite 5000 widespool winch and would recommend it to anyone looking for a winch. The extra 25' of cable on the widespool was what sold me on going that route. I have Dragonfire 4 point harnesses. Quality is very good and they don't ride up if you keep the lap belt tight. I would suggest a gusset set. The CT one I got is perfect. I still need to do tie rods and radius rods, which will be from CT as well. I think he even has a deal going to get the gussets, tie rods and radius rods as a package for a better deal than buying individually. Alex is a good one stop shop for the durability department. Enjoy the new toy!

·
Registered
150 Posts
What part of Ms are you in?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good info so far.

Still need a stereo and roof recommendation. Dealer is offering 15% off Factory accessories. Are the Factory roofs any good?

What about a winch? Viper vs Warn? I've had a dozen plus warn winches and all were good. Never tried a viper. I can get 15% off warn winch at dealer.

·
Registered
548 Posts
So far so good with my Viper Elite 5000 widespool. The wireless remote is the cat's whiskers!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
As NH-Murph said, get the Dragonfire 4-point racing harness. Could not ask for a better harness. Also, there are a lot of riders on this forum that have the Sport Low Switchless Mod. So far, I love the extra power that it allows your machine to obtain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts