Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone for helping make the decision with the max. I am looking for some ideas from you guys out there on what I need to put on this rig when I go to the dealer next week with my wish list of accessories for it. It will be for my wife and two daughters 5 and 8. Wife wants doors and harness right out of the gate. What else do you guys think? Thanks again for the help I am new hear and the side x side world also.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks to everyone for helping make the decision with the max. I am looking for some ideas from you guys out there on what I need to put on this rig when I go to the dealer next week with my wish list of accessories for it. It will be for my wife and two daughters 5 and 8. Wife wants doors and harness right out of the gate. What else do you guys think? Thanks again for the help I am new hear and the side x side world also.
My mods to date are:
UTVinc roof
Pro Armor/BRP Doors
4 point harnesses (PRP)
SSV Works overhead ipod unit/speakers
14"rims and 31"tires
40" single row Rigid light bar
10" Rigid lightbar on bumper
Billet rear view and side mirrors
Upgraded tie rods (carolina truggies)
Rear storage container also from Carolina Truggies.
Garmin Zumo 660 GPS

I know I'm missing a few things but that's a good start.

OHHHHHHH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! That's where all my money went!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Definately get a roof. A half or full windshield. If you go full one you will need a soft rear window to keep the dust out. Roof and windshield create a vortex and sucks dust in cab. Rear window stops it. with other stuff you should be on your way. Maybe stereo if thats your thing. Its mine and after clutching thats next. Good luck and have a blast I know my wife and I do.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Definitely roof and windshield... upgraded tie rods to help you not have and early end to a fun family trip. Upgraded rear radius rods. Carolina truggies (ct racing) are great for the latter two mods. The list is endless. Like mentioned above a rear window or net will be necessary if you use a full windshield and roof... move into lighting and other fun things!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
Winch! You really don't want to get stuck without one. It was the first thing on my list and I have been glad to have it a couple times already. I have a Viper Elite 5000. Hasn't let me down.

Reactions: c.reynolds

·
Registered
367 Posts
Viper Winch with remote
Futv a-arm guards
Spare belt
Doors
Tie rods

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I would make it as reliable as I could first, women don't like to be stranded out. Tie rods and a winch will get you back to camp
Comfort comes next with roof, windshield etc. it's all up to your budget

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pointers and the list's of accessories!! I am looking forward to making this happen next week, and appreciate all the help. Thanks again

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
start with the safety items first....looks like you have that covered with the harnesses.....now make it more reliable by getting rid of the stock tie rods and add some front end gussets from CT Race Worx (AREED)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Roof, 1/2 windshield, and winch are a must. I ride a fair amount on jeep trails(rock) so I got complete protection for the underneath. Had the 5 point harness on my Commander, but it really restricts your movement. Haven't put them in Maverick yet. My son rolled mine with (3) passengers and the stock seat belts did their job, nobody was hurt. But I would never talk anyone out
of being safer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am sad to say that my girl made me get a rear view mirror just to check for mud when we roll back into camp or come upon other riders. Women are so vain! A Yeti for "diet cokes and capri sun" is a must! I repeat "A MUST"!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts