Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a photo of a UTVinc Harness bar installed (preferred) or not for a 2014 Mav 2 seater build date of Sept or later. I called Nick and he stated it goes on the rear of the two downward bars and there is no way thats right for my rig. Its off by about an inch. The bar is straight across which makes me believe I have the wrong bar as the rearward down bar being straight across would take up cargo space.
I have heard of people saying to "loosen" bolts for this install, what bolts? There are no instructions so I'm lost until they open on Monday and of course its driving me nuts. lol Thank for your help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 13 maverick and the first bar I got was off about an inch. The dealer told me that there was a difference in the cages and they had gave me a 14 harness bar so they got me one from Dragon fire that was a two piece design

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looking for a photo of a UTVinc Harness bar installed (preferred) or not for a 2014 Mav 2 seater build date of Sept or later. I called Nick and he stated it goes on the rear of the two downward bars and there is no way thats right for my rig. Its off by about an inch. The bar is straight across which makes me believe I have the wrong bar as the rearward down bar being straight across would take up cargo space.
I have heard of people saying to "loosen" bolts for this install, what bolts? There are no instructions so I'm lost until they open on Monday and of course its driving me nuts. lol Thank for your help.
Most I've seen go on the front bar, not the rear.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yep. I attached my bar to the front. The harness bar pics I've seen were always on the front also. I didn't need to loose the bolts on my cage but I read some did this to make it fit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most I've seen go on the front bar, not the rear.
Thats what I thought to but then a straight bar (like I have) would not fit as it hits the passenger seat (non-adjustable). Leaning more towards it being the wrong bar

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found this on their website, looks like the bar I have. I'll take a pic tomorrow showing how far off it looks on my mav

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cages on 2014 is wider than the 2013's I believe. Seems like I have read that some early 2014's have the 2013 cages.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Cages on 2014 is wider than the 2013's I believe. Seems like I have read that some early 2014's have the 2013 cages.
Correct....I found this out the hard way back in July after getting an Can AM harness bar and it wasn't close. Took it back to the dealer and it fit perfect on a 2014....sounds like you have a bar for the wrong year...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct....I found this out the hard way back in July after getting an Can AM harness bar and it wasn't close. Took it back to the dealer and it fit perfect on a 2014....sounds like you have a bar for the wrong year...
Luckily UTVinc is local, maybe I'll just take both over there monday and we can try a couple bars to see what fits and exchange it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to UTVinc this morning. Turns out someone put a Max bar in the wrong box. They exchanged it and even installed the new bar before I left to make sure it was the right one. Cant ask for better customer service.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Good deal....nice to hear they took care of you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts