Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Did you go with their stock or oversized rotors?

Yeah brakes suck donkey balls on these things.
They're the over size rotors. I'm going to throw some Galfer brake pads on to see if it helps any.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Did you go with their stock or oversized rotors?

Yeah brakes suck donkey balls on these things.
They're the over size rotors. I'm going to throw some Galfer brake pads on to see if it helps any.
Please report back with the pads. Really trying to find a solution to get “acceptable” braking without having to drop 3+ grand

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm running 32" MRT Race Tires on 15" Sector Zero's

I'll have some more updates next week....

·
Registered
638 Posts
Unfortunately when we opted to install heavier wheels and tires we made a lot of compromises.

The additional unsprung mass negatively affects bump.

The additional rotating mass and unsprung weight takes additional power to accelerate. E.g. we are relying on stock torque to get our wheel/tire spinning as well as moving forward.

Finally we are relying on our stock brakes too decelerate an increase to both unsprung mass/overall weight and rotating mass.

The simplest way to Reduce stopping distance is to reduce overall weight, reduce rotating mass, increase brake torque.

The simplest way to increase brake torque is by increasing the effective radius of the system. I.e. increase the rotor size.

I experienced improved deceleration feel with a large rotor kit but have yet to do any testing.

I also experience less brake fade due to the increased heat shedding characteristics of the disc such as shape and material.

I'm with you on the $3k JJ kit, that is just more than I am willing to pay.

If someone brought a reasonably priced kit to market I would definitely be a buyer. SSBC maybe?

I'm running 32" MRT Race Tires on 15" Sector Zero's

I'll have some more updates next week....
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
638 Posts
Update on brakes. I located another option for a large rotor/upgraded caliper brake package. Tower works offers a front kit for $4400. Yes you read that correctly.
.082" X 12.125" vented rotor, modified ZRP Knuckle to accept wilwood 4 piston radial caliper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey how do you like those HCR trailing arms? How much do they weigh, any idea? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of those. Or maybe CT arms. Nobody ever advertises how much their stuff weighs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey how do you like those HCR trailing arms? How much do they weigh, any idea? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of those. Or maybe CT arms. Nobody ever advertises how much their stuff weighs.
I don't really have any complaints with the HCR trailing arms, I do have complaints with their upper a arms. I ripped the sway bar bolt right out of the arm, and I'm not the only one that has done it. To their defense, there have been other manufacturers upper arms that have had the same issues. I'm in the process of developing our own suspension design due to these issues I've had.

And no I do not have weight. I think everyone knows that they're going to weigh more than stock.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I don't really have any complaints with the HCR trailing arms, I do have complaints with their upper a arms. I ripped the sway bar bolt right out of the arm, and I'm not the only one that has done it. To their defense, there have been other manufacturers upper arms that have had the same issues. I'm in the process of developing our own suspension design due to these issues I've had.

And no I do not have weight. I think everyone knows that they're going to weigh more than stock.
Thanks. Oh yeah I have no doubt that they will weigh more than stock. I’m more interested in how much they weigh compared to other aftermarket trailing arms. Some of them are heavy as hell.

By the way I haven’t had any problems with my stock upper a arms. They seem to be pretty well-made right from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott F

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
2CA335B6-ADA7-4BE5-A311-56CB8074237A.jpeg
We’ve been going lugging away slowly on the Max. Josh finished up the front winch bumper skid plate today. Going to spray it with some Steel-It and get her all buttoned back up.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Both X3's are currently for sale now in the Classifieds section.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts