Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just giving you guys a heads up. If you run these 2 mods together, you will have to re-do your CVT intake snorkel under the dash because the mount for the motor is in the way of your snorkel path. Its a minor headache but a headache non the less. And you will have to re-do the snorkel prior to mounting the motor and control box because once mounted, theres no access to the area where the snorkel is routed . Workin on it now, I'll post a pic later when I finish it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just giving you guys a heads up. If you run these 2 mods together, you will have to re-do your CVT intake snorkel under the dash because the mount for the motor is in the way of your snorkel path. Its a minor headache but a headache non the less. And you will have to re-do the snorkel prior to mounting the motor and control box because once mounted, theres no access to the area where the snorkel is routed . Workin on it now, I'll post a pic later when I finish it.
thats good to know, i was just looking at placing my order on both of them items, i will wait now. let us know how it goes, pics would help too, thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
Get the new brackets for mounting the P/S, it moves the motor out of the way.... I posted pics in the Power Steering thread...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Car Auto part Engine Machine Vehicle Pipe Auto part Tire Automotive tire Wheel Engine Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Subcompact car
Heres the fix. Wasnt bad at all. I think I have the old bracket, so I think if you havent ordered yours yet you may not need to do this. But just in case, here it is .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Hey no problem ! Btw, this kit is killer and so buttery smooth now. I love it in every single way. The only suggestion I have is that the wires coming out of the motor that have the blue transparent sheilding need to be about 4 inches longer to allow for a neater routing. Other than that, this kit is awesome in every way ! Thanks again for a killer product !

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bayou, Could I bug you to post up a picture of where your snorkel connects to your engine air intake? Just curious how it comes through the firewall

thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bayou, Could I bug you to post up a picture of where your snorkel connects to your engine air intake? Just curious how it comes through the firewall

thanks
No problem . It comes through the firewall behind the glove box. U will have to remove ur glove box to drill a 2 3/4" hole. One piece of advice, drill it exactly where they say to drill it. Once u see where they tell u to do it, u will ask ur self "should I drill it a little more to the left" . Dont !! If u do then u will not be able to get ur glove box back in. I'll get a couple pics and post em though.

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bayou, I am building my own but following closely the performance ATV design. Only difference is I am using 2.5" for the intakes.
I finished my first CVT exhaust but I am a little concerned that the rear tire might throw mud directly into it. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bayou, I am building my own but following closely the performance ATV design. Only difference is I am using 2.5" for the intakes.
I finished my first CVT exhaust but I am a little concerned that the rear tire might throw mud directly into it. What are your thoughts?
I haven't had any issues with mine so far. And its definitely slung some mud lol. What I did to combat the mudslinging is I bought the cargo bed liner that pops rite in the back. Its pretty damn nice cause it gives u somewhere to put stuff and also blocks mud from slinging onto the back of ur head. However I have found with the larger tires that it throws the shit up from the side and onto ur back. I stop quite often to pull mud out of my ass crack. But as far as it being thrown into ur snorkel, I dont see this being an issue. If ur concerned about it enough, get u some fine mesh screen, cut ur snorkel tips in half, then use the two halves to sandwich the screen and glue em back together. Then use a little grinder or something to trim excess screen off and make it flush again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will probably be doing the screen thing to all 4 of mine though. Just for a lil bit of "just in case" insurance .

·
Registered
189 Posts
You could use the fiberglass screen for windows from lows instead of the metal, and just cut/trim it with a utility knife.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I will probably be doing the screen thing to all 4 of mine though. Just for a lil bit of "just in case" insurance .
Thanks, I got the rear screen to keep the mud out of my ass crack. I am not a big fan of putting screens over snorkels, it cuts down flow a lot more than you would think. If I do it will be fairy course like bug screen or bigger

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I got the rear screen to keep the mud out of my ass crack. I am not a big fan of putting screens over snorkels, it cuts down flow a lot more than you would think. If I do it will be fairy course like bug screen or bigger
I have the bed liner and the rear screen and it still puts it right down the crack lol. My advice, wear a long shirt or high underwear !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts