Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just giving you guys a heads up. If you run these 2 mods together, you will have to re-do your CVT intake snorkel under the dash because the mount for the motor is in the way of your snorkel path. Its a minor headache but a headache non the less. And you will have to re-do the snorkel prior to mounting the motor and control box because once mounted, theres no access to the area where the snorkel is routed . Workin on it now, I'll post a pic later when I finish it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just giving you guys a heads up. If you run these 2 mods together, you will have to re-do your CVT intake snorkel under the dash because the mount for the motor is in the way of your snorkel path. Its a minor headache but a headache non the less. And you will have to re-do the snorkel prior to mounting the motor and control box because once mounted, theres no access to the area where the snorkel is routed . Workin on it now, I'll post a pic later when I finish it.
thats good to know, i was just looking at placing my order on both of them items, i will wait now. let us know how it goes, pics would help too, thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
Get the new brackets for mounting the P/S, it moves the motor out of the way.... I posted pics in the Power Steering thread...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20130307_120741.jpg 20130307_120758.jpg 20130307_120813.jpg 20130307_120823.jpg
Heres the fix. Wasnt bad at all. I think I have the old bracket, so I think if you havent ordered yours yet you may not need to do this. But just in case, here it is .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Hey no problem ! Btw, this kit is killer and so buttery smooth now. I love it in every single way. The only suggestion I have is that the wires coming out of the motor that have the blue transparent sheilding need to be about 4 inches longer to allow for a neater routing. Other than that, this kit is awesome in every way ! Thanks again for a killer product !

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bayou, Could I bug you to post up a picture of where your snorkel connects to your engine air intake? Just curious how it comes through the firewall

thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bayou, Could I bug you to post up a picture of where your snorkel connects to your engine air intake? Just curious how it comes through the firewall

thanks
No problem . It comes through the firewall behind the glove box. U will have to remove ur glove box to drill a 2 3/4" hole. One piece of advice, drill it exactly where they say to drill it. Once u see where they tell u to do it, u will ask ur self "should I drill it a little more to the left" . Dont !! If u do then u will not be able to get ur glove box back in. I'll get a couple pics and post em though.

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bayou, I am building my own but following closely the performance ATV design. Only difference is I am using 2.5" for the intakes.
I finished my first CVT exhaust but I am a little concerned that the rear tire might throw mud directly into it. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bayou, I am building my own but following closely the performance ATV design. Only difference is I am using 2.5" for the intakes.
I finished my first CVT exhaust but I am a little concerned that the rear tire might throw mud directly into it. What are your thoughts?
I haven't had any issues with mine so far. And its definitely slung some mud lol. What I did to combat the mudslinging is I bought the cargo bed liner that pops rite in the back. Its pretty damn nice cause it gives u somewhere to put stuff and also blocks mud from slinging onto the back of ur head. However I have found with the larger tires that it throws the shit up from the side and onto ur back. I stop quite often to pull mud out of my ass crack. But as far as it being thrown into ur snorkel, I dont see this being an issue. If ur concerned about it enough, get u some fine mesh screen, cut ur snorkel tips in half, then use the two halves to sandwich the screen and glue em back together. Then use a little grinder or something to trim excess screen off and make it flush again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will probably be doing the screen thing to all 4 of mine though. Just for a lil bit of "just in case" insurance .

·
Registered
189 Posts
You could use the fiberglass screen for windows from lows instead of the metal, and just cut/trim it with a utility knife.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I will probably be doing the screen thing to all 4 of mine though. Just for a lil bit of "just in case" insurance .
Thanks, I got the rear screen to keep the mud out of my ass crack. I am not a big fan of putting screens over snorkels, it cuts down flow a lot more than you would think. If I do it will be fairy course like bug screen or bigger

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I got the rear screen to keep the mud out of my ass crack. I am not a big fan of putting screens over snorkels, it cuts down flow a lot more than you would think. If I do it will be fairy course like bug screen or bigger
I have the bed liner and the rear screen and it still puts it right down the crack lol. My advice, wear a long shirt or high underwear !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts