Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Pennsylvania's Coal Country!

6K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  umopapIsdn 
#1 · (Edited)
Saturday Ride in Pennsylvania's Coal Country! 12-28-13
I've been riding up there for well over 20 years and know a few trails. :wink:

At some point in time you will need a Reading Anthracite access trail pass, But for your first time riding with me don't worry about it.
I plan on doing one ride a month covering anywhere from 50-100 mile loops. There are places to stop for fuel and food along the way.

Weather looks great for tomorrow and our destination will be heading out to a nice place for lunch and back. 50-75 miles plus.

If you wanna join please send me a private message for all the details
. Google - Schuylkill County.

Click web link for my old MarylandATV club site with pictures and more info:
Maryland ATV.com
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Pickup truck Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Saturday Ride in Pennsylvania's Coal Country! 12-28-13
I've been riding up there for well over 20 years and know a few trails. :wink:

At some point in time you will need a Reading Anthracite access trail pass, But for your first time riding with me don't worry about it.
I plan on doing one ride a month covering anywhere from 50-100 mile loops. There are places to stop for fuel and food along the way.

Weather looks great for tomorrow and our destination will be heading out to a nice place for lunch and back. 50-75 miles plus.

If you wanna join please send me a private message for all the details
. Google - Schuylkill County.

Click web link for my old MarylandATV club site with pictures and more info:
Maryland ATV.com
View attachment 7192
Need info I'll be there takes about 2 hours for me to get there.i PMed you my number

#5 ·
Where you at Mega? Where did you ride? Heck, I've been out in zero degree weather. Today was perfect for riding around here.

#18 ·
Better bring a spare belt! I think I'll hold off until the snow melts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Wouldn't mind going but like 5hr ride for me, is it pay to ride or outlaw trails or what??? Helmets required?? Accommodations?

#22 ·
Trying to set up ride for the 22nd might have 6 mavs and 1popo.that's if everyone goes.my buddy and I are in rain or shine.mdrider says he could make it.I'm kinda counting on him he's our guide.
ezz no helmets if you don't want to but I always wear one& there are a couple hotels mile or two away.also outlaw trails

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

#23 · (Edited)
I will meet you guys up there on the 22nd and I will be more then happy to be your guide. The trails are a good mix of woods, tight woods, tunnels, open areas and coal land.

Bring food/snacks and cold water/sodas for sure! We will ride all day and I would say we meet up at 830-9am.

There are a lot of areas with branches and even with a helmet its easy to get whacked in the face!
I think its in your best interest to wear a helmet and I have an extra if anyone needs it?

As far as Accommodations, The Mainstay Suites Barnsville - or anything in Frackville Pa is good.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire

#24 · (Edited)
mdrider, You still have that battle scar on the side? If so for 50. Bucks I'll send u a brand new rear fender. Even cover the shipping.

#26 ·
Just set it up with md rider we are heading out of Annapolis at 5:30 am on Sunday. 2 confirmed mavericks. Who else is going?

#32 ·
Sorry I couldn't make it. Found out the hard way (at about 10pm on Saturday) that my new trailer is a 2 5/16" ball and not a 2" ball like the salesman said. I'll definitely be up there next time though!

#33 ·
So when's the next trip, Chris?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.