Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from the dealer and picked up the new bolt nut and washers.Does anyone have the pdf file on how to install new bolt?Thanks.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
can you please share it with me. My dealer gave me the parts since I have aftermarket clutches but it would be nice to know how to install it correctly if I ever go back to stock.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No problem, did you get it? If so maybe you can tell me if they recommend loktite on the stud. Doesn't say it but they bring it up.Quote, no special curing time for the loktite, but they do not say anywhere to apply it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes, I got it…thank you! Page 6 covers the use of the Loctite…..it is for the set screw.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome,I got it from Todd at Hunterworks. I suppose a couple drops of blue then.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You're welcome,I got it from Todd at Hunterworks. I suppose a couple drops of blue then.
It calls for Loctite 272 which is red and is for high temperature applications. The blue could breakdown due to the heat.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Are you sure,I thought that was for the set-screw only.
Correct…..no Loctite on anything except the set screw. The stud is just pre-torqued to 37 ft/lbs and then you install the clutch and torque the nut to 59 ft/lbs, rotate it 90 degrees and then torque to 89 ft/lbs. Apply Loctite 272 to the set screw Install and torque to 48 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
My dealer told me he didn't use Loctite on the bolt. I'm going to find out this weekend because I am removing my stock clutch and installing my QSC / STM setup.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My dealer told me he didn't use Loctite on the bolt. I'm going to find out this weekend because I am removing my stock clutch and installing my QSC / STM setup.
Don't confuse the primary stud and the secondary bolts. The primary stud does not use loctite but the set screw does. The secondary bolt does use blue loctite.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check out Huntingwork's site on video for Mav clutch bolt.It sounds to me that 90 degree part means when giving it the final torque don't go past 90 degrees if your your wrench hasn't clicked yet and your your past 90 degrees from where you started.Can someone confirm that, I don't want to snap the bolt.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Don't confuse the primary stud and the secondary bolts. The primary stud does not use loctite but the set screw does. The secondary bolt does use blue loctite.
OP said bolt but I thought he was talking about the stud which my dealer told me they didn't put Loctite on the stud. Only on the set screw.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
sounds correct...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OP said bolt but I thought he was talking about the stud which my dealer told me they didn't put Loctite on the stud. Only on the set screw.
Sounds good .Another good thing is according to that file I should have the Denso. starter going by the serial no.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally done with the clutch recall bolt.The belt looked good and there wasn't any belt residue on the cvt cover or the sheaves.The clutch showed no signs of slipping going by the blue markings.Glad to have it done though.:smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts