Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a set of harnesses in our XRS and when my wife is strapped in tight she can't reach the handhold above the glove compartment. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, can you suggest a fix? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the turnkey extension for my daughter. It installs in minutes and can be adjusted. However, don't expect to adjust the length easily. I have to use a hammer every time it needs adjusting. The paint and the tolerances make sliding the tubes very difficult. Once it's adjusted to where you want it, just leave it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No problem

·
Registered
127 Posts
That Turnkey handle was a great upgrade. Set it to come back about 1.5" further than stock and left it there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just received my Turnkey handhold. Got it on ebay from Untamed Offroad. They shipped it super fast. Installation wasn't too bad. No instructions so I did remove more plastic than necessary. All you really need to remove is the glovebox and center dash. It looks good and mine works without a hammer. I'm pleased with the addition to our Mav. $98 + $14 shipping.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
can you adjust it without removing anything or does it require removal of plastics etc...

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's easy to adjust once installed. Just two pins to pull out then pull bar in or out. It does take some "love taps" to get it to move, however. But overall it's very easy.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
JT - It is on my list but so are 50 other things. Eventually, I will get there and will definitely give you a holler when I am ready :smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts