Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled my passenger fron axle out last night to re-pack the cv's and while reinstalling the inner cv metal dust shield stops about 3/8" away from the differential. Is this normal? I even pulled the clip off the axle and i still bottoms out with the same 3/8" gap.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Didn't u see or remember what it looked like b4 u yanked it ? Lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
I assume this is the same problem on the commander. And its been mentioned here before as well. There are two.seperate sets of splines that side engages, cause of the visco lock , if they're not lined up poperly the cv won't engage correctly causing it to sheer the tip of the spline eventually. Pull it back out and check to see if they are, if not spin it by hand before reinstalling. The dust cover can slide as well.....

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assume this is the same problem on the commander. And its been mentioned here before as well. There are two.seperate sets of splines that side engages, cause of the visco lock , if they're not lined up poperly the cv won't engage correctly causing it to sheer the tip of the spline eventually. Pull it back out and check to see if they are, if not spin it by hand before reinstalling. The dust cover can slide as well.....
ahhhh, makes sense. i will give it a whirl

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
hard to see but yes its super close no gap

axle.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts