Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking about graphics etc ever since I bought my Mav. All the kits are "pieces" of graphics and pretty much suck. Since I own my own sign and graphics shop I figured we could do better. I had some carbon fiber wrap film left over and decided it would look pretty cool to wrap the yellow and leave the black. Check it out below and let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! The reason all of the companies make kits with pieces is that anyone can install it. A hood like the Mavs takes a lot of skill to install as it's one giant piece of vinyl which is then hand trimmed. We've wrapped pretty much everything with an engine at one time or another and this hood was a challenge!

I thought about matte black but in my experience matte black scratches pretty easy. If your running sand 99% of the time you'd probably be ok but I bash through the woods 50% of my ride. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
LOVE IT!!! I want to do a matt black wrap on my yellow. Know of anyone who makes one?
Looks awesome!! You can order 3M scotchprint vehicle wrap on ebay reasonably priced. I just finished mine in matte black as well but I left some yellow accenting and stock black, it was my first time using the stuff and is tedious but very doable with a second person to heat it for you (in my case the wife).

I also did not like the graphic kits as they don't completely cover a lot of yellow and are too busy for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Brayla nailed it. My carbon fiber is oracal wrap film. That and 3m are the best. I agree about all of the exposed yellow in the kits. 100% coverage is the way to go.

If you're not comfortable doing it contact your local wrap shop. They should install it for a reasonable fee. We charge around $200 to install the hood and front side pieces where the factory parts decals are.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Love the carbon fiber wrap. I think thats one of the best looks on a Mav I've seen yet

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah that carbon fiber does look bad ass

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how durable is that stuff? It looks great...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's durable but like everything else, it's not invincible. It will sustain small branches etc better than the plastic itself. If it gets hosed you can do it over and/or change colors if ya want!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts