Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is everything a pain in the ass on the mav? I guess I'm use to a rhino where you can access everything very easy. Seems like every little thing is a battle. I haven't even wired my light bars due to the pain in the ass plastics with no hood that will simply raise I mean really just make a hood that tilts up . Ok I'm done for a minute on my wild rant ! :crazy:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Is it just me or is everything a pain in the ass on the mav? I guess I'm use to a rhino where you can access everything very easy. Seems like every little thing is a battle. I haven't even wired my light bars due to the pain in the ass plastics with no hood that will simply raise I mean really just make a hood that tilts up . Ok I'm done for a minute on my wild rant ! :crazy:
I'm with you man, the first time I pulled that hood off I was pissed. Its a huge pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Where exactly are you trying to mount the lights? I was able to mount a 40" LED on top of the cage. I only had to remove the rocker switch/dash panel and the passenger side snap on panel (the one with Maverick sticker). Aside from running the wires through cage tubing, it was fairly easy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think you are very mistaking on how to wire your lights. This thing is a breeze. If you have ever owned a teryx you will understand why the maverick is way easy to work on.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
also take a tiny dab of grease and put it on the knobs on the hood and its easier to take off, just a tiny touch is all it takes.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wiring light bar is super easy just remove the center of the dash and there is power and groud wires ran there with a clip in harness to plug into super easy !

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I'm spoiled working on the rhino. Just removing plastics blew to install doors. I'm trying to set up a nice positive and negative buss under the hood and just so many pieces of plastic. Still thing a tilt hood would have been nice.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya I havnt messed with the hood it doesn't look fun ! tilt hood was my first thing I wanted to after having the rhino it made it real nice

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the wire under the dash large enough to handle a 40 inch bar ? Or u talking just to power the switch side of the relay ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will have to give that a look never thought it would have 10awg wires just chilling.. I wanna say a 40 inch dual down pulls like 20amps which equals 10awg wire possibly 12awg since stranded handles little more load.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think you are very mistaking on how to wire your lights. This thing is a breeze. If you have ever owned a teryx you will understand why the maverick is way easy to work on.
No doubt about that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts