Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all that I can find by searching and browsing the vendors sites. I am having trouble with finding someone that can give me good info and pricing on rear paddles and smooth buff fronts on wheels and that have the same, or close, rollout, without breaking the bank. I am just an old guy i guess but $300 to $400 a tire and wheel just seems like a lot for tires you only use 2 or 3 times a year in the dunes. I may just have to bite the bullet but I sure would appreciate any help I can get here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
100_4984.JPG
Here's what I am using on my Max. These work great, and I think you will find most would agree that the staggered 12 paddle Skats with front smoothies work great. Got all 4 for right around a grand. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got a set of 7 paddle Scats and buffs for the front mounted on new Douglas wheels for about $850 from Rocky Mountain ATV. Free shipping. You will need new lugnuts too, with the Douglas wheels. Haven't had a chance to use them yet.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thats great. Could you pm me with the vendors name and contact number?
Actually, I got a "hookup" price on the tires from a friend with connections. The wheels I got from MotoSport for $79.99 ea shipped.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Rocky Mountain prices are hard to beat. Plus the free shipping on anything over $99. Honestly though, if you only go to the dunes a couple times a season, why bother with the sand tires. The stock big horns air'd down to 5-6 psi work great in sand.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Rocky Mountain prices are hard to beat. Plus the free shipping on anything over $99. Honestly though, if you only go to the dunes a couple times a season, why bother with the sand tires. The stock big horns air'd down to 5-6 psi work great in sand.
That's right, I ran stock Big Horns at 10 psi in 4WD over New Years and had no trouble anywhere. Put quite a few miles on that way and duned pretty fast most of the time although I'm sure lots of others would blow right by me. I wouldn't consider paddles unless I was certain I'd be doing at least 3 trips each season, or I win the lottery. Whichever comes first. I'd rather spend the money on suspension, clutching and doors.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine are for sale. $600 for tires. I also have some OMF Billet Beadlocks for another $600. But the bead locks are a four on 110 pattern, so I have some spacers/adapters that adapt the rhino bolt pattern to the Can Am pattern. Those I'd sell for hundred dollars separate, or throw them in free with the tire wheel package. The wheels have seen quite a bit of desert use, so they're not the prettiest but they are the strongest and very light. Tires are 26x12.5x12 eight paddle and 27x9x12 buffs. And I could deliver to Glamis!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys. Tim at Extreme Tires has set me up with 26'x12.5'x12" stagger cut 12 paddle Skats and matched smooth buffs on the front. Mounted on DWT Rattlesnake wheels all at a great price. The gentleman is extrmely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Thanks to the forum!!! Rocky Mountain came in second with 26"x12.5"x12" 8 paddle Skats and smooth buffs on Douglas Diablo wheels for $875. delivered. As above, I went with Tim because of his help to get this old man the right setup without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, things didn't work out With Extreme Tires. I went with the 8 paddle Extremes and smooth buffs on Diablo wheels at Rocky Mountain for well under $900. shipped. I probably should have bought Gamisfans tires and bought the wheels seperatley. Us old guys have trouble making decisons.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
PM me a price on a full set of Sand Slingers please shipped to 49120

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't say I wasn't warned. Got the tires and wheels today and the roll out on the rears is 84" and the fronts 75". This won't work. I will be on the horn with RM in the AM.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Can't say I wasn't warned. Got the tires and wheels today and the roll out on the rears is 84" and the fronts 75". This won't work. I will be on the horn with RM in the AM.
That's why they say you need the 27" ones for the front. Like I have. I called all around, and not too many places carry them. I got my fronts from Fullerton Sand Sports. $200 each.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts