Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I raced usaguy in Glamis. He gained 7 mph in top speed on me with his Skat 26x12 7 paddle tires. He pulled me at the start, and just kept putting distance on me! I had 5.5 lbs in my stock tires.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be running my scat 8 paddle on the rear for Presidents day

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
here is a good video /

they compare the stu's to 7-8-9 paddle skats on rzr xp !

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
here is a good video /

they compare the stu's to 7-8-9 paddle skats on rzr xp !

[/QUOTE
great video I remember seeing it when the XP 900 came out and everyone thought WOW my HI performance 900 needs all kinds of Paddles since it makes sooooooo much power and Believed all of the sales Hype. LOL.
SKATS are Faster and thats That period. The Mavericks make good power but all they really need is a 7 or 8 Blade Skat.
I Put Down a 120 hp to the Ground and 9s are fine. so more Paddle is not the Answer it takes more Energy to move more Sand with More Paddles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I'm putting 8 paddle skats on the back, but my question is what's the best tire to run on the front? I don't like running in 4x4 and I want to be able to turn when I turn the wheel. Most of my duning is at Little Sahara in Oklahoma. Since I'm only running in two wheel drive should I go with a 9 paddle?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i just picked up sum 8 paddle skats and smoothies i think are gonna work awesome, i will compare them to a stock tire maverick this weekend !

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I run the skat 8 paddles on Maverick and 7 paddles on the commander. The Maverick has a 26.5 tall large diameter 8 paddle skat tire and the commander is a 25 skat light weight 7 paddle tire. The 7 paddle tire is much faster tire even out of the hole. It looks kind of funny on my commander or Maverick cause I took them off my Rhino but they are FAST. The commander could outrun the mcx turbo XP but the Maverick could not. I would go with a light weight 7 paddle tire which Dave at Fullerton Sand sport can make.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ya ima run the 25x10x12 8 paddles

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If RhinoNut runs them you know they got to be good...lol

lol, crazy rhinonut

he runs the 26x12x12 10 paddle i think

41 - 51 of 51 Posts