·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Heres a pic of a 14'' Skat next to a STI V-Roll

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Glamisfan did you ever get the paddles for your Mav. The best tire for speed and performance is the skat trak 7 or 8 paddle with smoothies up front. 9 paddles will not be nearly as fast. Let me know cause you and I will be in Glamis on sat running some test on the Mav

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
USAGuy - you should ask Dave from Fullerton if you can test out some Blaster stagger cut vs. an 8 & 9 paddle Scat. Or convince them to come out with you to test different set ups.

Hurry up and figure it out so you have my - I mean your Maverick ready for MLK weekend.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Glamisfan, check your Pm's for info on a set of rear hiper rims & scat 8 paddles combo. I know your running short on time, but let know

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
USAGuy - you should ask Dave from Fullerton if you can test out some Blaster stagger cut vs. an 8 & 9 paddle Scat. Or convince them to come out with you to test different set ups.

Hurry up and figure it out so you have my - I mean your Maverick ready for MLK weekend.
I really dont think the STU Blasters will Hang with the Skat. STU Hype is Over and People are going Back to what works the best. SKAT-TRAK. Still #1

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts

Why would I do that, I've been thru this tire testing over 3 years ago. Now I just let people do what they want to do and when they meet me in the dunes they can just check out my rear bumper. I've got the fastest Skat Trak tires on my commander and Mav and I will NEVER run those blasters just to be 5 mphs slower. When you get a Mav please get the blasters so I can posterize you and your Mav on the forums...lol Warlock is 100% correct and if people chose not to listen that's their mistake.

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Why would I do that, I've been thru this tire testing over 3 years ago. Now I just let people do what they want to do and when they meet me in the dunes they can just check out my rear bumper. I've got the fastest Skat Trak tires on my commander and Mav and I will NEVER run those blasters just to be 5 mphs slower. When you get a Mav please get the blasters so I can posterize you and your Mav on the forums...lol Warlock is 100% correct and if people chose not to listen that's their mistake.
Your so right. The STU blasters are Slower and a lot of guys dont listen then they cant hang with there buddyes SKATs and they want to dump them off. LOL

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I really dont think the STU Blasters will Hang with the Skat. STU Hype is Over and People are going Back to what works the best. SKAT-TRAK. Still #1
Your so right. The STU blasters are Slower and a lot of guys dont listen then they cant hang with there buddyes SKATs and they want to dump them off. LOL
You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink...lol Tires or doing mods on your Mav/commander the results are the same. You can listen to those that know or you can get left behind by those who do...lol

Reactions: Whattha

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
USAGUY, I don't have paddles yet, so be sure and bring your stock tires for a fair test. And what size and how many paddles are your tires? And how wide are the wheels?

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
I would get scats as they work really well and have been good to me on my rhino. Plus they are a lot cheaper. The only way I could see the Blasters working really well is if you do a comp cut, which shaves off a ton of weight. The problem is they become to puncture prone. Especially with the weight of a SXS. At the price they charge for those tires, it is not worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,101 Posts
Fullerton says 26" Stu's 70/30 comp cut or 26x12.5x12 9 paddle skats with the big razor 3 rib fronts. He says the skats are back ordered possibly in in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
USAGUY, I don't have paddles yet, so be sure and bring your stock tires for a fair test. And what size and how many paddles are your tires? And how wide are the wheels?
My skat trak paddles off my Rhino are 26x12x7 and on my commander are a 26x12x8. The Rhino old tires that I run on my Mav are a 7 paddle tire and the commander are a 8 paddle tire. The 7 paddle tires are smaller and faster but I like the way the 8 paddle tires look. I will be bringing both UTVs with the dirt tires on and will change them out there. Matter of fact I will let you run one set for out test.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Hey Guys if you have any questions or need SKAT TRAKS Call Tim Kelly at Go Go PERFORMANCE IN PHOENIX ARIZONA, HES ON CAVECREEK ROAD. HE USUALLY HAS A LOT OF THEM COMING IN. AND HE WILL TELL YOU WHAT REALLY WORKS AND WHAT DOESNT. LOL

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Fullerton says 26" Stu's 70/30 comp cut or 26x12.5x12 9 paddle skats with the big razor 3 rib fronts. He says the skats are back ordered possibly in in a couple of weeks.
what are u gonna go with or what did u get ?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ok, someone tell me what i gain using paddles?? i ride maybe 20% in dunes only, i have always rode the commander high in bowls and up hills using the stock tires, except i droppeg them to 4-5 pd air pressure. never had a issue. so what or why would i need a set of paddles?? just curious what is gained or why there so popular.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts