Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
If you want a good all around tire the blasters is the tire for you. But if you want the fastest tire for the Torque monster rotax motor you really want a 26x12x12 8 paddle tire. The 8 paddle with smoothies and 4x4 gets you out the hole fast enough without slowing you down on top. If you can find a large diameter 26 tire because not all are the same.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Glamisfan did you ever get the paddles for your Mav. The best tire for speed and performance is the skat trak 7 or 8 paddle with smoothies up front. 9 paddles will not be nearly as fast. Let me know cause you and I will be in Glamis on sat running some test on the Mav

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
USAGuy - you should ask Dave from Fullerton if you can test out some Blaster stagger cut vs. an 8 & 9 paddle Scat. Or convince them to come out with you to test different set ups.

Hurry up and figure it out so you have my - I mean your Maverick ready for MLK weekend.
Why would I do that, I've been thru this tire testing over 3 years ago. Now I just let people do what they want to do and when they meet me in the dunes they can just check out my rear bumper. I've got the fastest Skat Trak tires on my commander and Mav and I will NEVER run those blasters just to be 5 mphs slower. When you get a Mav please get the blasters so I can posterize you and your Mav on the forums...lol Warlock is 100% correct and if people chose not to listen that's their mistake.

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I really dont think the STU Blasters will Hang with the Skat. STU Hype is Over and People are going Back to what works the best. SKAT-TRAK. Still #1
Your so right. The STU blasters are Slower and a lot of guys dont listen then they cant hang with there buddyes SKATs and they want to dump them off. LOL
You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink...lol Tires or doing mods on your Mav/commander the results are the same. You can listen to those that know or you can get left behind by those who do...lol

Reactions: Whattha

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
USAGUY, I don't have paddles yet, so be sure and bring your stock tires for a fair test. And what size and how many paddles are your tires? And how wide are the wheels?
My skat trak paddles off my Rhino are 26x12x7 and on my commander are a 26x12x8. The Rhino old tires that I run on my Mav are a 7 paddle tire and the commander are a 8 paddle tire. The 7 paddle tires are smaller and faster but I like the way the 8 paddle tires look. I will be bringing both UTVs with the dirt tires on and will change them out there. Matter of fact I will let you run one set for out test.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I run the skat 8 paddles on Maverick and 7 paddles on the commander. The Maverick has a 26.5 tall large diameter 8 paddle skat tire and the commander is a 25 skat light weight 7 paddle tire. The 7 paddle tire is much faster tire even out of the hole. It looks kind of funny on my commander or Maverick cause I took them off my Rhino but they are FAST. The commander could outrun the mcx turbo XP but the Maverick could not. I would go with a light weight 7 paddle tire which Dave at Fullerton Sand sport can make.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Ya ima run the 25x10x12 8 paddles

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
If RhinoNut runs them you know they got to be good...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts