Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the best one? It sounds like it'll be the Skat Trak 26x12.50x12 9 paddle or the STU staggered and cut (lightened) Blaster. I've read that the blaster is a great all around tire. You can stop in the middle of a hill, and then start up again without a problem. But it's a little slower then the Skat. Again, I've only read about these tires, and I need more info before ordering. The Skat is about $175, and I think the Blasters are about $300 apiece!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kinda performance are you looking for Drag racing your buddies ,fast dune rides and fast open dune streches.
Im thinking for a fast all around tire a 26 Skat with 7 blades. never mind all of the people saying 9 paddles or the STU. I really believe a good all out fast dune tires gonna be around 7 or 8 blades. Im sure this will stir the Pot. LOL
I'm looking for fast dune rides. I'm 99% sure that this thing has too much power for a 7 blade. Sounds like 8 blade for a hill shooter should be the ticket. But again, I have no experience with any of them. Also, I do not like the price of the Blasters, so I guess I'm really wondering if I will be happy with the Skat's?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
USAGUY, I don't have paddles yet, so be sure and bring your stock tires for a fair test. And what size and how many paddles are your tires? And how wide are the wheels?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I raced usaguy in Glamis. He gained 7 mph in top speed on me with his Skat 26x12 7 paddle tires. He pulled me at the start, and just kept putting distance on me! I had 5.5 lbs in my stock tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts