Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1647 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
He recommends the Pro Armor 32" or Sand Strippers in a 32" set up. He says they throw the biggest roost and your friends that follow you will love you.
LMAO😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
What would you recommend Warlock?
Well I'm all about light weight and the least amount of rotating Mass. So a 14" wheel and tire. Xtreme tire has all of there own molds and tires made to there specifications so the weight is cut down at the manufacturer level then After buffing them down they get even lighter. About 5 to 6lbs lighter combination than a 15" Sandcraft farm implementation tire turned into a Paddle tire. Tractor tires don't make good Paddle tires. No flex so they are rigid and stiff. People don't know what they don't know pretty simple common sense in performance. Sure people will say ohh what's the big deal its only a few pounds lmao. Sure put those lbs on your car thats great until your buddy walks by you and busts your balls all the time at the fire pit lol.
As far as molded junk goes have fun with those.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
423 Posts
That's a lot of paddles and weight right there.

That setup is fairly light actually. Haven't had any issues pulling the correct rpm with my STU 1300 Plus's. The wheels are also about the lightest wheel out for a sxs, rear is a 15X13 and weighs just under 14 lbs. I know a 13" wide wheel is junk according to you also. Fronts are a 15X8 and weigh about 11.5 lbs. Skats don't cut it once you get above a certain hp level. Your as bad as the mask nazi's with your Extreme Skat tire pushing fella.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
That setup is fairly light actually. Haven't had any issues pulling the correct rpm with my STU 1300 Plus's. The wheels are also about the lightest wheel out for a sxs, rear is a 15X13 and weighs just under 14 lbs. I know a 13" wide wheel is junk according to you also. Fronts are a 15X8 and weigh about 11.5 lbs. Skats don't cut it once you get above a certain hp level. Your as bad as the mask nazi's with your Extreme Skat tire pushing fella.
Lmao. Good luck with them heavy bastards a similar powered car with Xtreme Skats will walk that setup all day long.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Lmao. Good luck with them heavy bastards a similar powered car with Xtreme Skats will walk that setup all day long.

Welcome back Xtreme Skat man!!!!! It would not be dune season without a good old fashion paddle tire thread.

423 Posts

Possibly below a certain whp mark but once you get into higher hp cars those flimsy carcass's can't hold the power. Show me any of the high powered cars competing and winning that are running a Xtreme Skat and you might have a valid point, but there aren't any. One day if you decide to venture away from Glamis for a dune trip you'll see that the Xtreme isn't the end all be all tire for everyone and everywhere. We'll be up at Saint Ants in August, come on up and see how badly our cars perform on the paddle choices we use.

Front tire setup above weights in at 34.5 lbs wheel and tire. Rears are 41. Not to shabby for all that grab. Heavy Bastards? Actually put more paddles on a tire than 8-9 and the weight will go up quickly. Here's the setup in action!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
It's dune season already???
Getting closer. It is still hide in the pool from the 120 degree heat season for you AZ people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Possibly below a certain whp mark but once you get into higher hp cars those flimsy carcass's can't hold the power. Show me any of the high powered cars competing and winning that are running a Xtreme Skat and you might have a valid point, but there aren't any. One day if you decide to venture away from Glamis for a dune trip you'll see that the Xtreme isn't the end all be all tire for everyone and everywhere. We'll be up at Saint Ants in August, come on up and see how badly our cars perform on the paddle choices we use.

Front tire setup above weights in at 34.5 lbs wheel and tire. Rears are 41. Not to shabby for all that grab. Heavy Bastards? Actually put more paddles on a tire than 8-9 and the weight will go up quickly. Here's the setup in action!
View attachment 258684
I'm trying to get my college students back off to college in the next few weeks and I want to come up to St Anthony again towards the middle to end of August. And I have have a car that with some Xtreme tires on it I would like to run against yours.

So a set of front Skats on rims are 27 lbs thats 6 1/2 lbs each front so 13 Lbs up front.
Then the rears are 31lbs each. So there is 10lbs per side so 20 lbs.
So overall 33lbs of less rotating Mass. That's a lot of weight them little motors and belts gotta deal with.

Now my general point is most duners are not worried about a 60' time and racing a short sand track.

Average duners with a few mods and a flash don't need big heavy wide tires, they want a good usable light weight belt saving setup. Lighter tires and wheels are more responsive out of the turns, Jumping is also easier , go into a hard turn jamming on the brakes they work better not having to slow down 33lbs of rotating Mass also. It's really just common sense.

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Getting closer. It is still hide in the pool from the 120 degree heat season for you AZ people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, 113 today! I love the heat, I'll be in the pool all day, along with my male German Shepherd Dog. He loves the pool. Female doesn't like the pool or the heat, she stays inside in the AC, LOL.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
He recommends the Pro Armor 32" or Sand Strippers in a 32" set up. He says they throw the biggest roost and your friends that follow you will love you.
...lol
Other than the ability to bounce off tree roots, that's about all I like about my Pro Armor's, keeps people off my ass while rallying.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
...lol
Other than the ability to bounce off tree roots, that's about all I like about my Pro Armor's, keeps people off my ass while rallying.
LOL! The Sand Strippers throw an even bigger roost.

423 Posts
I'm trying to get my college students back off to college in the next few weeks and I want to come up to St Anthony again towards the middle to end of August. And I have have a car that with some Xtreme tires on it I would like to run against yours.

So a set of front Skats on rims are 27 lbs thats 6 1/2 lbs each front so 13 Lbs up front.
Then the rears are 31lbs each. So there is 10lbs per side so 20 lbs.
So overall 33lbs of less rotating Mass. That's a lot of weight them little motors and belts gotta deal with.

Now my general point is most duners are not worried about a 60' time and racing a short sand track.

Average duners with a few mods and a flash don't need big heavy wide tires, they want a good usable light weight belt saving setup. Lighter tires and wheels are more responsive out of the turns, Jumping is also easier , go into a hard turn jamming on the brakes they work better not having to slow down 33lbs of rotating Mass also. It's really just common sense.

I understand the general point your trying to make. But both top machines are around the 200 hp mark now and the extreme paddles aren't near enough for anything but cruising through dunes. When I say extreme paddles I mean the actual paddle vulcanized onto the carcass. I'm sure Tim offers the other sizes of paddles also. I wouldn't mind trying a digger setup though. A 20RR should be on a 11-12 paddle talon stock.

We don't just run 60' or down a short sand track, we do race the hill a few times but 90% is out duning. Stu's let the rear of the car slide easier which I like the feel of over the Skat for the high speed dune runs. I can trail brake into a corner and the back will start to come around on it's own with slight steering input. Makes the experience more fun also. Skats bite in the corner and a 32" narrow skat on a 14" wheel feels like the tire is folding over or the machine wants to body roll a ton more. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy the Sandcraft Skats on the right power level machine.

My point is most duners need to try different setups and brands and go with what they feel most comfortable with all around. Not one brand or setup is going to work the best for everyone everywhere.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I understand the general point your trying to make. But both top machines are around the 200 hp mark now and the extreme paddles aren't near enough for anything but cruising through dunes. When I say extreme paddles I mean the actual paddle vulcanized onto the carcass. I'm sure Tim offers the other sizes of paddles also. I wouldn't mind trying a digger setup though. A 20RR should be on a 11-12 paddle talon stock.

We don't just run 60' or down a short sand track, we do race the hill a few times but 90% is out duning. Stu's let the rear of the car slide easier which I like the feel of over the Skat for the high speed dune runs. I can trail brake into a corner and the back will start to come around on it's own with slight steering input. Makes the experience more fun also. Skats bite in the corner and a 32" narrow skat on a 14" wheel feels like the tire is folding over or the machine wants to body roll a ton more. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy the Sandcraft Skats on the right power level machine.

My point is most duners need to try different setups and brands and go with what they feel most comfortable with all around. Not one brand or setup is going to work the best for everyone everywhere.
Well another thing I learned up in St Anthony was a lot of people that did have Skats were over paddled and then to compensate for that problem the would air them down to 8 psi range and that is not recommended at all. Skats are intended to run minimal 10lbs but most of us are 14 rear 16 front.
But when a guy has over paddled his car and then runs the air pressure up to 14 he will then complain that his car slowed down. Sure it did because the carcass is now rigid and not letting paddles fold back and allow slippage.
And low air pressure will allow the tire to feel really sloppy also. Kinda common sense stuff but people just don't know what they don't know.

1601 - 1620 of 1647 Posts