Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1647 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,581
Yo Matt, I got my rear view and side mirrors adjusted well for you. And already got the fishing pole packed and my tackle box filled. ???
We are changing up the racing. We race through the dunes like we normally drive from the new north pole and finish going up comp and stopping at the bowl on top of comp, first one from north pole to top of comp going through the dunes wins. This should help us lower power stock turbos as we get out of the hole quicker, so we will have lots of corners to accelerate out of to create gaps, no straight sections.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
We are changing up the racing. We race through the dunes like we normally drive from the new north pole and finish going up comp and stopping at the bowl on top of comp, first one from north pole to top of comp going through the dunes wins. This should help us lower power stock turbos as we get out of the hole quicker, so we will have lots of corners to accelerate out of to create gaps, no straight sections.
Deal! When is race day? ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been reading through the termendous amount of info on here but have a qucik question. Does anyone run 10" wheels all around with paddles or does it make the fronts to wide? I bought a set of 31.5x13x14 paddles (buffs up front) for my x3 max and they are currently on 14x7 wheels but I was thinking about swapping my 14x10 wheels on.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,586
I run 8” on fronts on both sets of paddles, I’m sure someone has done 10’s

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also have 8s on the front then 10s on the back. I thought about 10s up front but did not see anyone else doing it.....

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
660 Posts
Generally speaking wider wheels up front add wheel scrub and negatively effect the steering...even in the dunes although the problem is worse in other terrains.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
660 Posts
14x7 - 14x8 (or 15x7 - 15x8) are the widest you want to go to get the balance of the floatation from wide wheels and tires on the sand and limiting the negatives of the width.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Anyone running big power like a stage 5 tune or more on the SS360 tires?
Why would you. Rotating Mass sucks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Guess I should buck up and buy some sandcraft Destroyer 12 paddles then?
Those are nice and heavy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
What would you recommend Warlock?
He recommends the Pro Armor 32" or Sand Strippers in a 32" set up. He says they throw the biggest roost and your friends that follow you will love you.

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
What would you recommend Warlock?
He would recommend you call Extreme Tires and order a big rollout skat, which may weigh slightly less than the Sandcraft skat set up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not looking to get every ounce of horsepower out of it but I also want a tire that's pretty durable. I'm leaning towards Sandcraft or some STU.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I'm not looking to get every ounce of horsepower out of it but I also want a tire that's pretty durable. I'm leaning towards Sandcraft or some STU.
I would stick with the Sandcraft. I have been running them for 2 seasons with no issues. Pretty much everyone in our group in Glamis runs the Sandcraft set up.

The STU Blackbird is not a horrible choice either. Timesic on here runs them. Not sure who sells them these days as Fullerton Sand Sports in no longer in business.

1581 - 1600 of 1647 Posts