Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have heard of them before but for those who haven't, P3 Composites has been making dirt bike parts out of carbon fiber for years. They have now decided to get into the SxS market. I delivered my Mav Max to them on Monday for R&D use. Some of the parts they are looking to make are skid plates, roofs, doors, hoods, exhaust heat shields, under bed panels, under hood panels, A-Arm guards & CV guards. There will be parts for two and four seat models. I may have forgotten some things but I will post pics as I get them. Their plan is to have parts ready to go within a month or two. FOR THE MODS: THESE GUYS INTEND ON BECOMING A SUPPORTING VENDOR ONCE THEY HAVE PRODUCT TO SELL US. Here is a picture of it setting at their shop getting ready to be torn down. If you have any items you would like to see them build please let me know.
P3 Mav.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
great to hear.....more vendors equals more options and competitive pricing for the consumer!

Reactions: dirtyj

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's funny, I was just thinking yesterday, it would be nice if someone made a 1 piece console covering the motor so you wouldn't have to mess with all the push pins. It would be easier to access the motor, and to insulate it. Carbon fiber would be the perfect material. Would probably cut down on engine noise also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't wait to see some off the parts. They are planning on doing some traditional black carbon, but are also planning some color weaved carbon. On mine they are talking some white/black and some orange/black carbon. I will let you guys know how it goes!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
A lite weight full 4 doors , I don't want heavy metal doors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay in my response, but it didn’t turn out good! They had the machine for 4 months and still to this day have no parts completed. They are still supposed to be working on stuff but they seem to be a bit on the slow side. I made several trips to their shop to check status and try to keep things moving but they kept making up stories as to why they nothing was done. I will say that I did learn a lesson and that is that I will never again trust a company with my property. All is well with my machine now but let’s just say I not happy about the whole experience! If I hear of any products being available I will be sure to let you guys know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes, they have it listed but haven't yet completed one. They have the basic form of the hood and it looks nice but they have no idea how they are going to attach it to the machine. If they would take the time to work on stuff and get something done i feel they would do well. I loved the ideas they had but they failed on the execution. They have several molds made however they dont know how they are going to attach any of these parts to the machine. I got a lot of time to look at their MX products and they really are top notch, but they seem to lack drive when it comes to pushing out new product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts