Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
p0363 is not a misfire code
after you got the misfire you kept driving and then the ecu thru the second code, fuel disable
if you had a reader you would see all the codes in history, probably many
only hard part to change near the flywheel would be the stator, its the built in alternator
crank sensor is also there but is a 5 minute replace job

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
p0363 is not a misfire code
after you got the misfire you kept driving and then the ecu thru the second code, fuel disable
if you had a reader you would see all the codes in history, probably many
only hard part to change near the flywheel would be the stator, its the built in alternator
crank sensor is also there but is a 5 minute replace job
What piece of equipment can connect to a 21RR ecu? I wasn't aware of any that do yet? There is still no tunes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you got the part yet? I am having this same issue in my 21 RR. They sure did make it rough on these damn 21s. No tunes. Winch issues. No power for some up hills. This p0363 code.
I have had this happen a few times now. Probably not related but after restarting machine it runs fine. But all three times I have smoked a belt. I am wondering if it cuts fuel while under load too. Maybe the damn machine has to work harder on less cylinders or just from running lean.
Do you know what part it is? Just tore my whole damn machine apart to look for damaged harnesses as the spark plugs looked fine.
Nothing new for me. I checked with the dealer and they said it’s on back order. I’ve ridden a few times now without the issue arising, but I tend to give it more time to warm up now.

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
Nothing new for me. I checked with the dealer and they said it’s on back order. I’ve ridden a few times now without the issue arising, but I tend to give it more time to warm up now.
Can I ask where you are located? I seen quite a few in Cali are having issues. I'm in Oregon

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
I drop mine off Tuesday morning to have them look at the codes. And for a clutching issue. Will let you guys know how it goes

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
Apparently I don't know how to tag another thread.
Look for "2021 turbo RR (Limp mode P0363)"

more info on that thread

·
Registered
197 Posts
I dropped mine off this morning... they will scan it and see, I told them if its the fly wheel and the parts are still on back order start striping it cause its going back to Can-am

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well i mean they could tell me its fixed and it goes in 2 more times for the same issue and its classed as a Lemon.. like everyone else whos been out a ride for 30+ days im not going to sit around and wait. and if im going to lose months and months out of a warranty while the machine sits at the dealership i might aswell trade it in and wait for a new one.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Well i mean they could tell me its fixed and it goes in 2 more times for the same issue and its classed as a Lemon.. like everyone else whos been out a ride for 30+ days im not going to sit around and wait. and if im going to lose months and months out of a warranty while the machine sits at the dealership i might as well trade it in and wait for a new one.
Around here there really isn't a "lemon law" for off road vehicles, it might be different in Canada.
Been there, and all the attorneys I contacted said they wouldn't take the case. Mine was in for 8 weeks and over $4500 worth of different parts thrown at it without a fix.
Eating Popcorn1.JPG

·
Registered
197 Posts
Around here there really isn't a "lemon law" for off road vehicles, it might be different in Canada.
Been there, and all the attorneys I contacted said they wouldn't take the case. Mine was in for 8 weeks and over $4500 worth of different parts thrown at it without a fix.
View attachment 269192
If I were making payments on a Machine that only had 1700 kms or 50 hours I would be pissed beyond belief.. But I paid outright and bought the BEST warranty its not the dealers fault and as more and more machines pile into the dealerships for the issue I can only see it getting worse, So as an incase I called a large dealer in Upstate NY parts show back ordered till June 17th but we all know how that works lol

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If I were making payments on a Machine that only had 1700 kms or 50 hours I would be pissed beyond belief.. But I paid outright and bought the BEST warranty its not the dealers fault and as more and more machines pile into the dealerships for the issue I can only see it getting worse, So as an incase I called a large dealer in Upstate NY parts show back ordered till June 17th but we all know how that works lol
It can be very frustrating, unfortunately BRP doesn't give much support and dealers are virtually worthless when it comes down to repair.
Keep us posted as to your progress!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts