Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up Maverick Fam!!

I have a 2016 XXC nothing special done to it besides a 3' Lift, I was out riding yesterday
and it got heated up and went into limp mode.

My guess at first is the rad is clogged with sticky mud. I'm just courious roughly how many bars do your
Mavericks run when you are riding them hard/slow/idle.

I cleaned it out and messed around a little today at the house and it didn't seem
to overheat but the temp is higher than usual before this had happened.

Idle I have about 3 bars left before H, but once I start riding that'll drop unless I'm hitting it hard.

Also what suggestions do you have so this won't happen again?
I hate holding people up because I know what it's like,
I'm normally the one being held up lol

Thanks in advance for any input!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
My old pig iron runs at 4 bars when giving it a spanking . If I'm traveling with slow traffic I Manually turn on my cooling fan then it runs at one or two bars

·
Registered
351 Posts
My 13 XRS overheated once from dirty radiator and that let air in system. It then did weird things with the Gauge showing no bars to full hot when overheating. Climbing a long hill it would go to zero bars, cut fan off, then overheat.

I solved that by changing temp sensor then burping air from system with Can-am directions.

I spent a week in Moab last week and it stayed from 3 bars to 5 bars the entire time. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 13 XRS overheated once from dirty radiator and that let air in system. It then did weird things with the Gauge showing no bars to full hot when overheating. Climbing a long hill it would go to zero bars, cut fan off, then overheat.

I solved that by changing temp sensor then burping air from system with Can-am directions.

I spent a week in Moab last week and it stayed from 3 bars to 5 bars the entire time. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was beating it today quite a bit and thats right around where I was... If I let it sit it'll hit 6 bars but no higher.
I don't have any hills in my general area that I can take it so i'll have to wait until the weekend to really test it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts