Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got rid of my rzr's and made the change to can am, i love the maverick but have had quite a few problems already, i just did my 10 hours service for $600 from the stealer, then less than 2 hours later shredding the clutch due to the bolt holding the primary together, can am fixed it but i missed mud nationals because of it, i was highly pissed, then today just after i got it back from dealer i went and rode for about 10 to 15 minutes in my yard and it overheated and went into limp mode!!!!! this machine only has 14 hours on it, im going crazy since i dropped 20k on it, HELP me guys what should i do, anybody heard any problems overheating yet, should i try lemon law on can am?? thx for your opinions ahead of time guys....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Maybe try bleeding any air out of the cooling system. There's a procedure that needs to be followed. I think it's in the owners manual. Something like jack the front end up 2 feet, bleed, then jack the drivers side up 2 feet, and bleed again. I've had my Maverick wfo in 90 degree heat with no problems.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Make sure the fan is coming on and the radiator is full. My commander started overheating and I noticed that I hadn't heard the fan come on. Come to find out the radiator was low and if there is not enough coolant in the radiator the temp sensor for the fan can't read properly. Mine didn't have enough coolant in the radiator because I had the radiator out and I didn't fill it up properly when I put it back. Also make sure your radiator is clean. I had mine overheat do to mud on the radiator. It only took about five minutes to get hot.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
OMG lemon law that thing lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Lemon law talk already? Please........:question:

I know it can be frustrating, but give them a chance to get the bugs worked out. We all bought a first year machine knowing well that there may be issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Upto what temp can you still run the maverick without issues, I know that is like asking how long is a piece of rope.

I live in the Middle East and the temp here goes to 50deg c. I am not planning running around in the dunes at this temp, however Baden on your experience what is a reasonable temp range that is still safe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
448 Posts
Call the dealer, put it back on the trailer and take it back. Let them perform whatever fix is necessary. That way you have a paper trail.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Upto what temp can you still run the maverick without issues, I know that is like asking how long is a piece of rope.

I live in the Middle East and the temp here goes to 50deg c. I am not planning running around in the dunes at this temp, however Baden on your experience what is a reasonable temp range that is still safe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
the maverick will go into limp mode b4 it blows gaskets

1 - 13 of 13 Posts