Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hopefully it works. I put 10,000 mikes on a Wildcat and it was set up something like this. Also, I need to be able to walk away from the machine and still hear radios so that was another reason for the external speaker. If I really want to hear the radio traffic I can run it through the Firecom unit and the audio comes out the PA/siren speaker but you don't want to be standing in front of the machine...

I also use a handheld-helmet wireless setup that slides in the rails on my helmet (Ops-Core) that I designed and 3D printed. It uses a Freelinc mike. FreeMic 200 ? FreeLinc - NFMI Technology and Products

I sometimes use it on my SXS as I might be leaving the SXS and heading into the bush. My firecom headsets mount into the same style helmet. Looks like this. Helmet.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Firecom 3000c I had when I had an H1 Hummer I set up for SAR. When I wore it out I put the Firecom in my SXS. Sorta overkill as it was designed for a fire truck, but it gave me intercom, my radio traffic, PA/siren intigration, and a bunch more so I have stuck with it. It is still not on the Maverick yet...got a lot more design and fabrication to go.

The firecom unit layout looks something like this: Firecom1.JPG Firecom2.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quite a cockpit!
What mirrors are those?
These are made by Kolpin. I am guessing you can find them on the Kolpin website. My dealer has had so many complaints about the OEM mirrors cracking in cold weather that he sold me these instead. (Mentioned elsewhere on the Forum) I didn't like the Kolpin mounts because they hid the right hand mirror behind the roll bar. I fabricated new brackets out of 2" aluminum. Each bracket uses one rivnut already in place and I added another. The left side was OK with the Kolpin mount but I went ahead and changed it to match the right one. My ride is street legal so I use it for errands around town in small city traffic. Vision on each side is perfect. I included one photo. PM me if you want more details.

IMG_20190207_165700.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the info on the mirrors. I have Seizmik mirrors, but they are the not the best optics. With full doors, they are not that visible and are the "objects in mirror are closer.." variety. Nice part is they fold in easily when we rub on trees/etc and not broke yet.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts