Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little off topic, but has any one ever had ignition problems in a 2006 BRP Outlander or any year for that matter? The last ride i went on with the quad we stopped for refreshments and when I got back on to go the lights in the dash and the headlights flickered a couple of times and went dark. The quad would then not start, so I towed it home tried it, it lit up and fired right up. I tried it again after I put the plow on and it fired. About a week later it snowed like mad and went to plow the driveway and the same flickering happened and no go, so I had to break out the [email protected]#%$n shovel. Has any one experienced the same problem or have any ideas as to what may be going on. My first thought is the ignition switch, I will be testing it tonight after work to see if thats the cause, the dealer explained to me how to test and what the max OHMs should be. But I would appreciate any tips or advice any can share, thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No replaced battery with brand new and cleaned all conncetions

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have a 06 outy and it did the same , it was the Ig. Switch , I spayed move it in the key hole and the switch is now working fine . Hope this works for you . Troy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts