Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after finally procrastinating for a month I had just finished putting up a Costco 10 x 20 shelter cover, now the machine is out of the sun when were not using it. I can even leave the car on its trailer with plenty of room to spare, and it will give me shelter for when I need to work on it. I used some cement blue screws to secure it to the patio. I would include a pic however it won't pull up. either way the price was good and its well worth its installation issues.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Well after finally procrastinating for a month I had just finished putting up a Costco 10 x 20 shelter cover, now the machine is out of the sun when were not using it. I can even leave the car on its trailer with plenty of room to spare, and it will give me shelter for when I need to work on it. I used some cement blue screws to secure it to the patio. I would include a pic however it won't pull up. either way the price was good and its well worth its installation issues.
Yes anything to give it cover is better than nothing. Building garages can get very expensive. I wanted to build a 30X24 garage with a patio on top until that is I got a quote for $145K. I told them that $75K was too much in my mind, so I ended up buying a steel building garage that I hope arrives and gets installed by end of October. With a 6 inch concrete slab, and insulated 30X24 steel garage I was able to get cost down to $30K (this doesn't include electric or the bathroom I am putting in). Now if your back east you can probably do the same garage for $15K. What I notice while shopping for steel garages is there is a lot of manufactures in the eastern states and only a few in the Vegas region so they basically double their prices. They also have all kinds of hidden charges.

Reactions: MavBomb

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Supersmith if you don't mind me asking what building kit are you getting? I have been looking at pole barns but they are saying $45,000 to $90,000 for a 30x40 here in Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Supersmith if you don't mind me asking what building kit are you getting? I have been looking at pole barns but they are saying $45,000 to $90,000 for a 30x40 here in Wyoming.
I went with California All Steel Carports | We've Got You Covered
I will look at the others I was looking at to see if they service your area.
see if this company services your area they also had good prices. ClearSpan Buildings | Clear Span Metal Buildings and Structures
Here is another company that I was looking at. I only found 3 companies that were reasonably priced. Metal Garage Prices: Prefab Metal Garages and Steel Garage Kit Prices

Reactions: happytrails

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you send pics please? thank you!

·
Vendor
230 Posts
Yes anything to give it cover is better than nothing. Building garages can get very expensive. I wanted to build a 30X24 garage with a patio on top until that is I got a quote for $145K. I told them that $75K was too much in my mind, so I ended up buying a steel building garage that I hope arrives and gets installed by end of October. With a 6 inch concrete slab, and insulated 30X24 steel garage I was able to get cost down to $30K (this doesn't include electric or the bathroom I am putting in). Now if your back east you can probably do the same garage for $15K. What I notice while shopping for steel garages is there is a lot of manufactures in the eastern states and only a few in the Vegas region so they basically double their prices. They also have all kinds of hidden charges.
Holy crap, $145K for a 30x24. I know prices have gone up but wow, or maybe it's the location.
I built a 34x22 with loft, including insulation, electrical, and 6in slab with 1x2 footing. Around 4-5 years ago and was under $20K CAD (15k usd) for the materials and was Quoted 15k to 20k to have it built. I had some spare time then and decided to build it myself.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Holy crap, $145K for a 30x24. I know prices have gone up but wow, or maybe it's the location.
I built a 34x22 with loft, including insulation, electrical, and 6in slab with 1x2 footing. Around 4-5 years ago and was under $20K CAD (15k usd) for the materials and was Quoted 15k to 20k to have it built. I had some spare time then and decided to build it myself.
Yes I would say it would be nice to get one built for the $20K like you did. One concrete company wanted $12K for just the 6 inch thick 25X31 concrete slab. I found some guys on the side to do it for $4K. I installed the sewer lines and stubbed in 2- 2 inch sleeves for water, and electric that was another $1K in material. Yesterday I ran the water with one 1-1/2 sleeve just to the front of the garage for another $300 in materials. I was shocked at the price of what a single 10ft stick of 2 inch sch 40 grey conduit costs so I went to 4 different stores looking for a better price. I ended up going back to Home Depot for the $40 a stick after tax. I bought the cheaper $27+tax 1-1/2 stick instead since I really didn't need the 2 inch. The insulated Steel 24X30 garage with 2- 8X10, and 2 man doors by the time it's all installed was my cheapest at $30K.
Picture of original garage I was going to do until they told me $145K.
Building Plant House Land lot Wood

·
Vendor
230 Posts
Yes I would say it would be nice to get one built for the $20K like you did. One concrete company wanted $12K for just the 6 inch thick 25X31 concrete slab. I found some guys on the side to do it for $4K. I installed the sewer lines and stubbed in 2- 2 inch sleeves for water, and electric that was another $1K in material. Yesterday I ran the water with one 1-1/2 sleeve just to the front of the garage for another $300 in materials. I was shocked at the price of what a single 10ft stick of 2 inch sch 40 grey conduit costs so I went to 4 different stores looking for a better price. I ended up going back to Home Depot for the $40 a stick after tax. I bought the cheaper $27+tax 1-1/2 stick instead since I really didn't need the 2 inch. The insulated Steel 24X30 garage with 2- 8X10, and 2 man doors by the time it's all installed was my cheapest at $30K.
Picture of original garage I was going to do until they told me $145K.
View attachment 284807
That is a nice looking garage. I don't think its $145k nice. I come from a long line of craftsmen, Its turning into a family tradition to build our own homes and garages. My great grandfather, grandfather, father and myself have all built our own homes, and usually a garage. My $20k garage is in the back. It was also 4 - 5 yeas ago, I think materials has more than doubled since then.

Sky Cloud Building Window Plant

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
That is a nice looking garage. I don't think its $145k nice. I come from a long line of craftsmen, Its turning into a family tradition to build our own homes and garages. My great grandfather, grandfather, father and myself have all built our own homes, and usually a garage. My $20k garage is in the back. It was also 4 - 5 yeas ago, I think materials has more than doubled since then.

View attachment 284837
Nice. Yes prices of materials now are crazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts