Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted to see the Oregon Coast. Now that we have our first SxS, i would like to go down there for a week and check it out. I was thinking of going down to the Driftwood II Campground in the Oregon Dunes National Rec Area July 7 - 13, 2013. Does anyone know if this is a good place and time of the year to experience the dunes. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Florance dunes are a good place to ride. I never stayed at driftwood but been through there. Good camping spots, I believe theres no hookups if that bothers you. Florance and Winchester are my favorite dunes to ride in Oregon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll be down there for raptor rally too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Devious Powersports whats the raptor rally? I have a few friends doing oregon dunes on the weekend of the 18th if anyone gonna be around?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just spent last monday to wednesday at the Florence dunes. Not too many people there during the middle of the week and lots of room to ride without a crowd. The weather was perfect, although it got a little windy in the afternoons. Not too much that you couldn't ride. I'm not familiar with the Driftwood II campground but there are so many along the dunes that it would take a while to see them all. I stay at the Woahink Lake RV park as it's directly connected to the dunes and a nice place to stay if you have an RV. I always have a good time, I'm sure you will too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Florance dunes are a good place to ride. I never stayed at driftwood but been through there. Good camping spots, I believe theres no hookups if that bothers you. Florance and Winchester are my favorite dunes to ride in Oregon.
Thanks for the info.

We will be at Winchester may 17-19 for Raptor Rally and July 30-August 3 rd for Dunefest.. come by and say Hi...

Tyler
Devious PowerSports
Thanks. I will, if I am down there at that time.

I just spent last monday to wednesday at the Florence dunes. Not too many people there during the middle of the week and lots of room to ride without a crowd. The weather was perfect, although it got a little windy in the afternoons. Not too much that you couldn't ride. I'm not familiar with the Driftwood II campground but there are so many along the dunes that it would take a while to see them all. I stay at the Woahink Lake RV park as it's directly connected to the dunes and a nice place to stay if you have an RV. I always have a good time, I'm sure you will too.
Thanks. I will check it out.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Devious Powersports whats the raptor rally? I have a few friends doing oregon dunes on the weekend of the 18th if anyone gonna be around?
Its a weekend that the Yamaha raptor guys put on ,there is events going on during the weekend including a show and shine , a family ride , poker run , but not limited to the raptors, fun for all .

Tyler
Devious PowerSports

1 - 9 of 9 Posts