Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 has orange antifreeze in it. I noticed it while checking the reserve reservoir. I asked the previous owner if he changed it out and he said that he did not and whatever is in there came from the dealer. Has anyone ever seen this before? I want to top off the reserve tank but don't want to mix the wrong kind of antifreeze with it and ruin the engine. My Commander 1000 has green antifreeze in it from the dealer(different dealer). What do you guys think?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The orangeish color anti freeze is a ELC extended Life Coolant the green is not do not mix a elc with a regular coolant… But they do make a coolant that is compatable with both

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Your link is for Dexcool. Do not use that. Use the Can-Am coolant. You can buy it online anywhere Amazon, Ebay, Can-Am etc. Part# 219700362

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I wouldn't mix them simply because it will turn poo brown. The service manual says use any ethylene glycol with distilled water which means it's not an elc. Its probably just orange because they dyed it that color to be different.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I don't want to mix the wrong kind and ruin my engine. I can order it there is still lots of snow here and I won't be using the machine until late March at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That part number is the green stuff. I think this part number 219702685 is the extended orange/red stuff. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
That's the part number in my 2014 service manual. I didn't see where it mentioned the color. Mine has orange in it to

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just going off the Amazon listings I seen. I could be wrong. I did see that you can't mix the new orange stuff with the green stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
219 700 362 is the p/n in my manual for a 2014 max

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I purchased the 219702685 at the dealer and he confirmed that it is the orange stuff. The other part number is the green stuff. This contradicts the manual. Fyi.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I purchased the 219702685 at the dealer and he confirmed that it is the orange stuff. The other part number is the green stuff. This contradicts the manual. Fyi.

It sure as hell does. Thanks for the update

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It is g12 rated coolant, if your dealer isn't handy, dexcool meets this specifications as well and vw/Audi coolant. Don't go beating yourself running all over for coolant. You cannot mix this type with any standard green...this is a fact yes..

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Why not use the DexCool ?
Because why would you want to mix coolants When you could order the correct coolant and have it in no time? I guess if you did a complete flush you could then use Dexcool if you wanted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That part number is the green stuff. I think this part number 219702685 is the extended orange/red stuff. Thanks for the info guys.

I just checked my shop manual and the previous fellow was correct.
Canam manual for my 2014 Maverick says to use BRP 219 700 362.
Also states factory installed coolant (at least for 2014) is ethylene Glycol based.
Right from the factory repair and service shop manual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts