Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinions here folks. Wanting to get rims and tires. Looking at HiPers with an 5+1 offset or 5+2. My question is tires. Wanted to stay in 28" range. Like the Roctanes, 28x10x14's. Then seen the Efx's 27x10x14. Which tires do you think will be true to its size or better? Having the Qsc and STM secondary I'm sure I'll be doing some tuning. 28 and tuning or 27's and no clutch tuning? Or tuning either way no matter what. Gotta do something with STM secondary anyhow cuz engine breaking hardly exist.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
get a 5+2 or 4+3 offset

if ur not looking for lift or more ground clearance I would stick with same size tires maybe 28'' be ok - just makes for much less stress on the whole sxs itself !

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally I would stay away from Hypers in the rocks.
Only rocks I see are what's on the trails. Not a rock climber. Have done it but nothing to hard. Mainly trails and fire roads. Fields, little road riding. My concern is moving up and retuning clutch.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get a 5+2 or 4+3 offset

if ur not looking for lift or more ground clearance I would stick with same size tires maybe 28'' be ok - just makes for much less stress on the whole sxs itself !

Benzo, why the 4+3? Gonna stick out even more. Getting old cleaning so much mud from trails all the time.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question, run the same size on all corners or not?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Benzo, why the 4+3? Gonna stick out even more. Getting old cleaning so much mud from trails all the time.
more stable and makes it ride smoother , but yes if ur a mudder will make a lot more mud come it,

but they do sell huge fender mud flaps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts