Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions on DWT 25.5 x 13 x 12 Doonz 8 Paddle Tires. Came across a sweet deal on Xrs Oem tires and wheels that came with the paddles and Alumilite rims. Would these be ok to run on the Maverick in Florence, Oregon. Last year was my first time ever riding the dunes and I want to try paddles this year when I go in July. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
They work. Not the BEST tire but if you don't dune alot and the price is right, they will get the job done. A friend of mine has them on his Mav, and they did fine out at Glamis. They are a bit on the heavy side though.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have used those tires for three seasons on my commander and one season on the mav 1000 xrs. They did great. My only suggestion is if they are not on bead locks, put tubed in them because at 5-8 lbs of air.. The sidewalls can get pushed in and easily get sand in the bead leaving you with fixing the tire out in the middle of no where. I have no complaints on the tire!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... They are basically free with the purchase. If they work than why not save some money for the trip. I was going to purchase some Skat Trak Extremes.
Do you think they would fit the Oem rims or are they too wide / off set and need the matching DWT Alumilite rims they came with?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I have them. They work good. And actually they are a light tire. Not heavy.
I stand corrected. I called my friend that has the Doonz. He says his 25.5x13x12 Doonz on 12x10 red lable DWT.190 weigh 23 lbs. My Skat 26x12.5x12 8 paddles on 12x10 DWT Ultimate bead locks (yelow lable .160) weigh 24.8 lbs.
A lot lighter than I thought...a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts