Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

What are your thoughts between Kanati Mongel vs ITP Blackwater Evolution?

Terrain ridden:
East Coast tails: WV, VA, MD, PA
rocky, light mud, lots of trails

Dilemma:
Currently have 2013 Maverick XRS with 27x 9&11 x12" wheel/tire combination.
I'm hoping I don't have to upgrade the wheels to save on cost. Planning to upgrade tires to 30x10x12 on all 5(with spare). ITP has this size however, mongel doesn't. Mongel only have 30s on 14" wheel.

Current wheel size:
12"

Thanks!

Al

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Those two tires are both built for different things. Tread design is completely different. I would use the GBC in the mud and I wouldn't use the ITP on the rocks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ran 29x10 front rear itp ultra cross tires and they rubbed in the rear when bottoming out. Just a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran 29x10 front rear itp ultra cross tires and they rubbed in the rear when bottoming out. Just a heads up

So I recently upgraded from a 2015 Polaris sportsman 570 and that's one thing I missed about driving the ATV is that I can jump on small hills with the maverick xrs I keep bottoming out. Friend told me to adjust the stiffness. Is there anything else you can suggest from bottoming out? I don't have lifts just stock fox suspension.

Thank you for the information of rubbing as this might break the plastics or other hardware. What have you done to compensate?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nothing it did chew up the plastic but the 29"'s were a great tire and size.

I like mongrels too (I'm in socal) but to my knowledge they suck in mud

In hardpack, my experience with itp mud lite xtr's wasn't pleasant from the unnecessary jitterbug from the large knobbies.

I'm sure someone in your area with that type of terrain will chime in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
intro2rhino, question. Are you running 12" rims on your 29" tires? how is it riding? no sidewall problems? like puncture to sidewalls? Was discussing this to a friend and he mentioned this.

Also, when bottoming out, if you stiffen your suspension does it still rub? Thanks.

Nothing it did chew up the plastic but the 29"'s were a great tire and size.

I like mongrels too (I'm in socal) but to my knowledge they suck in mud

In hardpack, my experience with itp mud lite xtr's wasn't pleasant from the unnecessary jitterbug from the large knobbies.

I'm sure someone in your area with that type of terrain will chime in

·
Registered
257 Posts
No, I'm running itp 14" double beadlocks sidewalls on the ultra cross were a little on the soft side but they hooked up really well.

Mongrels have a similar profile but with a much tighter tread pattern and the 10 ply is an added bonus

I just opted with a set of 30" tensors for my '15 xds-t but I'll be running a long travel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Intro2Rhino- Thanks. This is very helpful. have you tried stiffening your suspensions? does your tires still rub to the sxs?

No, I'm running itp 14" double beadlocks sidewalls on the ultra cross were a little on the soft side but they hooked up really well.

Mongrels have a similar profile but with a much tighter tread pattern and the 10 ply is an added bonus

I just opted with a set of 30" tensors for my '15 xds-t but I'll be running a long travel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts