Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I wanted to get some opinions on bellow type diff. breathers like the ones the Renegades/Outlanders use, I've always wondered why Can Am didn't use them on the Maverick.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Good point, I had forgotten about those. I had them on my renegade
What is the cost?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would like to try these on my rear diff and trans as well to see if it will help prevent water intrusion but I don't think the ones off of the gen 1 bikes will have enough volume for the thermal expansion of the larger hotter Maverick components.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have them on mine with no issues. They were installed when Patv did my snorkles. They are slightly larger and white in color. Dont know who makes them. They run a couple feet of clear tubing with the bellows up out of the way where they wont snag on anything when mud riding.

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to try these on my rear diff and trans as well to see if it will help prevent water intrusion but I don't think the ones off of the gen 1 bikes will have enough volume for the thermal expansion of the larger hotter Maverick components.
I found these Vent Bellow Kit [Vent Bellow Kit] : TMR Customs, Custom Fabrication Components for Offroad Vehicles

There are a couple of companies that make them for all kinds of applications, some are for full size axles and those could work for the Mav. I've also seen people mounting them at the end of the tube vent, this might give it a little more air volume and get them out of harm's way.

I'm going to keep looking because I liked how they performed on my first gen. Renegade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts