Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is the best set up for the most torque and hp gain on a maverick. Which Clutch, Fuel Controller and Intake would you recommend with detail of gains. Thanks

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Most people think the QSC primary clutch is the best bang for the buck. Fuel controller is varied with many different opinions. I got the digitune with my exhaust system. Intake, ther are not many available yet, but I'm liking the new one Turnkey just released.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
So far there's not much proof of real world hp gains. A few dyno results, but we need vid of modified Mav's drag racing stock Mav's to know what works and what doesn't! The aftermarket is just too darn slow.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That Turnkey intake is horribly overpriced. That's $30 in material. Just taking advantage of people...and I don't say that often. When I saw the price I was torked off....truly offensive.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You still have to factor development and testing but I agree that it is overpriced.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You still have to factor development and testing but I agree that it is overpriced.
I agree with you there, 100%. And they are entitled to make a profit of course. It's a sexy looking package...but $430? That is laughable. $250 I could see...and they'd still be making a massive profit. $430 is just calling us idiots to our face.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with you there, 100%. And they are entitled to make a profit of course. It's a sexy looking package...but $430? That is laughable. $250 I could see...and they'd still be making a massive profit. $430 is just calling us idiots to our face.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's a clean set up but your right $430 bucks seems stupid expensive for that set up.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I was going to say $250 - $300 is reasonable but it bothers me more that there are no dyno facts or any feedback from them on horsepower increase. I hate when performance product advertise "improved performance" or "increased horsepower" but give no details.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was going to say $250 - $300 is reasonable but it bothers me more that there are no dyno facts or any feedback from them on horsepower increase. I hate when performance product advertise "improved performance" or "increased horsepower" but give no details.
Me too. I am getting ready to install my Muzzy and Digitune, so it would be nice to do it all at the same time. Maybe I'll just wait to get more facts or until other options come to market.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Let's be honest here. The actual performance gains are likely to be minimal if at all. But then again what is peace of mind worth? Where it may help long term is simply a better filter system for your machine. More air = a cooler machine? Who knows, but I doubt by dropping that on you will even see much more than a 1 HP gain, if any. It would be nice, but maybe that's why they won't publish dyno numbers. I can stand here and say you'll gain any amount of horsepower....doesn't make it true unless I FILM the stats and prove it. Companies that do this (most) just hope we'll make emotional purchases on the hope of more power. Well I for one am wising up daily...thanks to you all.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You could lie about the numbers but someone will eventually dyno the product and call you out on it especially in this forum. I don't think a vendor wants to be caught in a lie and risk damage to their reputation as a false advertiser. Bad customer service is one thing, false advertising is another. I would never ever buy product from a liar.

·
Registered
761 Posts
On top of the price of the intake, they install a K&N in there. I know its my opinion, but I wouldnt run a K&N on my lawn mower. I was going to ask for a price with out a filter, but being thats a K&N it would probably not save you more then 10 bucks off the price.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
On top of the price of the intake, they install a K&N in there. I know its my opinion, but I wouldnt run a K&N on my lawn mower. I was going to ask for a price with out a filter, but being thats a K&N it would probably not save you more then 10 bucks off the price.
You can wrap it with a foam pre-filter that is shaped to fit and they work awesome.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can wrap it with a foam pre-filter that is shaped to fit and they work awesome.
I'm really considering buying it then buying the dual stage uni that I ran on my rzr. That seems like the best option to me. I'm also not looking for performance gain I just want better filtration. My pannel filter doesn't catch anything the post filter is getting filthy every ride.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm really considering buying it then buying the dual stage uni that I ran on my rzr. That seems like the best option to me. I'm also not looking for performance gain I just want better filtration. My pannel filter doesn't catch anything the post filter is getting filthy every ride.
Yeah I also like the 2 stage Uni foam filters

·
Vendor
594 Posts
You could lie about the numbers but someone will eventually dyno the product and call you out on it especially in this forum. I don't think a vendor wants to be caught in a lie and risk damage to their reputation as a false advertiser. Bad customer service is one thing, false advertising is another. I would never ever buy product from a liar.
I totally agree with this and you won't see either from us. I have never seen a intake on any UTV make any more power with stock engine and I also would not use a K&N filter.

Todd

·
Registered
252 Posts
From what I read the filter they make for the oem box doesn't seal well. Maybe someone that has it could chime in but that's what I've read.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Agree 100%. I think K&N's are one of the worst filters made.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts