Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my oem steering rack after glamis. And the new gear one rack getting ready to go in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice rack...haha

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Did you know it was broken? Or did you find it when you removed it?

I recently installed the Holz stiffner and was disappointed it was only a support for the front side and the back side still needed a bracket to at least tie the 3 bolt together if not bolted to the frame.

Looks like the gear one will take some abuse. But will it transfer issues to the spindles?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It also looks the shaft is situated at a slightly different angle than the stock rack. Will this be a problem or does a knuckle on the shaft compensate for this?

Certainly looks like a HD unit tho. Another nice feature on the gear one is the zirk fitting for adding some grease to the unit, when needed.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew it was broken when I took it out. It'd turn a little to right and a lot to the left. And if it breaks the spindles I'll have to upgrade to the turnkey big brake and spindle kit??

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
It also looks the shaft is situated at a slightly different angle than the stock rack. Will this be a problem or does a knuckle on the shaft compensate for this?

Certainly looks like a HD unit tho. Another nice feature on the gear one is the zirk fitting for adding some grease to the unit, when needed.
the rack is for a rzr so he will have to do sum mods

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Why use a rack for a Rzr?
ask him , lol

no maverick rack out yet and since hes doing front spindle steering a custom rack will be fine

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So you added an extension with a knuckle to allow for the different steering shaft location?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I had to. The angle from the connection point on the steering assembly didn't allow a direct point to point connection. I supported it with a 3/4 heim joint. The brakes took some figuring out. I battled the mosquitoes long enough to get it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts