Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a lot of talk on here about peak rpm being at 7800rpm. I've been out at the dunes attempting to get my clutch adjusted and noticed that no matter what I do, I can't get my rpms above 7500rpm. Its been so long since I've had this thing out, I can't remember if it ever went above 7500rpm. My question is does the dealer have a program update to raise the rpms?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have not heard of anything to do that. What clutch do you have?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QSC & STM. I've been working w/Kris & he's gone above & beyond with helping me on this issie. I was just wondering if anyone on here knew of a computer reflash that may help.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
QSC & STM. I've been working w/Kris & he's gone above & beyond with helping me on this issie. I was just wondering if anyone on here knew of a computer reflash that may help.
Chris at Benchmark Performance was suppose to be trying to reflash the stock ECU but I haven't heard anything else about it.
I know he does a reflash for the Kawi and possibly the Rzr's.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
285mi & 20hrs. Why would this matter?
Just curious if there was any truth to the story about Can Am programming limiter function prior to the 10 hour mark. My dealer told me that the full power will not be there until after the 10 hour mark but many of the members said they had full power when there Maverick was brand new no miles.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd take it in and tell the dealer what it's doing, and ask them to reflash the computer. Also make sure the post filter isn't over oiled.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd take it in and tell the dealer what it's doing, and ask them to reflash the computer. Also make sure the post filter isn't over oiled.
Ya, I have to take it in for the starter recall anyways. I was hoping someone might know if there was a reflash available. Thanks for your guys input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts