Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2019 XRS and just fitted a rear Warn winch and S3 rear bumper (car also has a front winch). My last step is to connect the rear winch harness to the car’s accessory plug. I’m struggling to find the accessory plug but suspect its in any case already been used for my front Warn winch. What do I do now? I have attached a pic of the harness with the 2 plugs that need to be connected to the accessory plug. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
The way the plugs work one is to connect and the other is to leave a spot for another accessory to be connected. I installed a backup camera and used the connection and then when I installed the front winch the camera left another connection for the winch. The winch left another connection for something else. It is there you just have to find it.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The way the plugs work one is to connect and the other is to leave a spot for another accessory to be connected. I installed a backup camera and used the connection and then when I installed the front winch the camera left another connection for the winch. The winch left another connection for something else. It is there you just have to find it.
Yes that will work if you never plan to use both winches at the same time, sometimes off road vehicles use two winches in tandem in a particular situation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO, You will need to wire a new circuit with fuse and connector plug if adding a second winch
Thankyou for the responses. I could not find the accessory plug and decided to cut the two plugs from the winch wiring harness. They each had a red and black wire which I then connected directly to the negative and accessory terminal bus bar on the passenger side. I suspect these wires are for the winch remote control plug as the winch has wiring that connects directly to the battery in the rear. There is no fuse on these wires that connect to the winch remote control - should I have purchased a fuse before connecting the wires to the bus bar?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Thankyou for the responses. I could not find the accessory plug and decided to cut the two plugs from the winch wiring harness. They each had a red and black wire which I then connected directly to the negative and accessory terminal bus bar on the passenger side. I suspect these wires are for the winch remote control plug as the winch has wiring that connects directly to the battery in the rear. There is no fuse on these wires that connect to the winch remote control - should I have purchased a fuse before connecting the wires to the bus bar?
I've never checked however doubtful the circuit, especially with that much draw would not be fuse protected, but I very well could be mistaken. I would think it would be in the fuse box?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts