Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tomorrow will be one year with the Maverick. It has been the best money spent on toys in a while. Here are some things I have learned in one year:

1) price out the dealer door is cheap compared to all the wish list shopping
2) California sucks now they have the helmet law.
3) The clutches suck, but so does riding a Polaris
3) Yellow grows on you after awhile
5) the wife doesn't like riding with me anymore
6) you can get 800 miles out on one belt
7) 3 hours is not close enough to the dunes

What are your learning moments with your Mav?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
417 Posts
Getting close to a year here as well. Had the bad starter leave me stranded but thats only problem i ever had. The clutch recall bolt was done and still no issues other than love it. Currently plowing the snow off the lake for the kids to skate. Glad i never even considered a poo

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
love my max, only 6 months in, no issues and same belt,clutch and yes I have rode the crap out of it and not easy either. all oem, no mods to engine or tranny or suspension with no issues. money well spent and not bored with it or looking toward the next new thing. love the canam. at least they worked hard at there first year issues and worked until it was fixed, unlike pop which will still have some same issues years later

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So tomorrow will be one year with the Maverick. It has been the best money spent on toys in a while. Here are some things I have learned in one year:

1) price out the dealer door is cheap compared to all the wish list shopping
2) California sucks now they have the helmet law.
3) The clutches suck, but so does riding a Polaris
3) Yellow grows on you after awhile
5) the wife doesn't like riding with me anymore
6) you can get 800 miles out on one belt
7) 3 hours is not close enough to the dunes

What are your learning moments with your Mav?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I agree with everything but #7...It's 4 hours + for me. And #5 was just a bonus....lol. Mine will be a year Jan 9 th:in love:

·
Registered
613 Posts
After one year the not one issue, broke a tie rod in a race when i was hit going into a corner. Maverick is just a tank.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Placed my order on 12-15 didn't get mine till 3-15! They were hard to find last year unless you lived on the west cost, but it has totally changed me back to a kid (like when I was racing quads) I'm always longing to ride, enjoy reading and researching the good and bad of them. Still stock basically with a bunch of add-ons. The maverick will be a part of my stable for a long time to come. Will enjoy dragging my buddies with me on new adventures all over the south. I don't know if anything will ever sweep me off my feet like the maverick has, I'm glad I'm part of this maverick nation

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow you guys had way more luck than me. My experience has been shitty at best. Had a wheel go flat first ride cause bolts came of wheel. I smoked a belt about 3 rides after my 10 hour service. Bent a tie rod. Had serious rpm drop at 50mph. Replaced spring. Now my clutch blew up and its in the shop and its been there over a month. I'm not a can am guy a Polaris guy I don't really care to be honest I think they are all fun. But I've had the worst luck and I've done my dealer service and even though I ride hard I'm not jumping or beating my stuff on the rocks like I've seen people do. I guess someone has to get the lemon....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Placed my order at the end of November last year, received it just before Christmas last year with just enough time to weld a harness bar in and install the harnesses before taking her to Glamis for 6 days. A year later and the only thing that I have had to fix is the stock skid plate. I am still running the original belt at 700 miles. Great toy investment so far!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have only had mine for 5 months now and have around 500 miles on it.....zero issues to-date (knock on wood) but I addressed most of the common problem areas before they could be come a problem.....I had to cut one trip short because I thought I had a flat but when I got home it was only a loose beadlock that wouldn't hold air......so far I am extremely pleased with my purchase and choice to go with a Can Am. A year ago I was close to buying a Wildcat until I saw the Maverick and I was sold...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts