Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Since it is always a hurdle to find the proper oils and grease for the fluid changes down here in Mexico, I thought I'm gonna place a bigger order in the US and have it shipped to Mexico. I'd like to order about a years supply of motor/gear/diff oils, some good grease and oil/air filters.

I order to keep shipping reasonable, I'd like to order everything from one place, if feasible.

Well, where do you order your stuff? I'm looking for good quality oils.

Thanks a bunch

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if they will/can ship to mexico, but these guys are the best I have encountered. Two hours from my house, but they make up for it with prices and service. Check out their website.

ATV UTV Parts & Accessories at Parker Yamaha SeaDoo Polaris Honda Kawasaki
Thanks That Guy,

I've just read that they ship international but no chemicals :-(
Looked at some more sites and found the same disclaimer.... It seems like I'm out of luck having this stuff shipped across the border.

Well, back to the drawing board and try to find the proper liquids south of the border.

Alex

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you are looking for basic maintenance supplies (non-Can Am specific) JEGS or Summit Racing are good choices. JEGS has free shipping in the U.S. but does offer international shipping as well but not sure of what their rates are.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for basic maintenance supplies (non-Can Am specific) JEGS or Summit Racing are good choices. JEGS has free shipping in the U.S. but does offer international shipping as well but not sure of what their rates are.
I did check Summit yesterday and they also do not ship oils outside the US.
I just checked Jegs, it seems like that this may works....
I'll try to place an order to see if it goes thru.

Thanks for the tip.

Alex

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
fingers crossed....JEGS has always treated me right....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
surely you can get oils in mexico??? mobil 1, shell, penzoil???? or you can try a seller on ebay, they usually ship mexico way and dot care about fluids...just ask in advance of buying

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
surely you can get oils in mexico??? mobil 1, shell, penzoil???? or you can try a seller on ebay, they usually ship mexico way and dot care about fluids...just ask in advance of buying
If you look around you do get quality oils but mostly the weight is not what's recommended for the machine. Even our local Can Am dealer uses different weights.

For the first oil change I used now Motul 7100 in 10W40 weight, I figured since It's always at least 70 degree during the day, I probably be fine by using the 10 weight instead of the recommended 5.
I had some RP gear max in 75w90 and 75w140 left for the diffs and gearbox from my outlander supply but it's gone now.

I bought those oils via internet from Mexico City....if I remember correctly, the liter was around $30 plus shipping.

I'll give Jegs a shot first, if that does not work I, going to try eBay.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how reliable is the mail system there. packages go missing a lot or pretty good at delivery.
Regular postal service is pretty spotty, I'd probably would not send expensive items (even if it's just oils, grease and filters for $200).
Ups and FedEx are good and reliable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts