Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me ask this to, what is the max depth to go stock. I have no snorkels and to be honest most water encounters for me is the floor board depth. this one may be deeper, so any tip as to the max depth ( by marker of some sort on machine, bottom of seats, top of side floor seal,etc to not go over. stock machine

·
Registered
791 Posts
Check your vent hoses for your rear diff and gearbox. I have had both melt and crack in the stock locations and have since replaced and re-routed them.

Your lowest stock vulnerability to Water is your CVT exhaust outlets which are midway up in your centre cowling, and your engine air intake which is just below your glovebox in the firewall. You will want to stay a good six inches lower than that.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wouldn't go that high....it only takes a splash to get it sucked in the intake or into the CVT....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Before my snorkels I just made sure water didn't go high enough to enter the intake witch is under the glove compartment just follow your air box back n you'll see. The salesman told me the intake was on the side where it says Maverick but that's only CVT the engine intake is on the "firewall" if u will under glover compartment. Before my snorkels I went in water deeper then that but only a quick push through it never more than a big puddle, keep moving if your weary. The intake is bout seat hieght though

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks, bottom of seats then?
to be safe....I would stay well below the glove box that way if it sloshes around it doesn't get up into the air intake...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that should be safe as long as it doesn't slosh forward...

Reactions: bulldogs101
1 - 11 of 11 Posts