Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havn,t seen a plow mount yet!!!!! I hope this comes out as i do need it now and then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure there will be a plow mount not too long after it is released or before. If I don't move I know I'll be putting a plow on mine one way or another.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
its a pure sport machine, why would it need a plow or a winch, you dont see a plow or winch on a yfz450 race quad. sounds like your trying to turn it back into the commander, then your gonna want the hitch and tilt bed....buy a commander thats what there for...lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've seen a winch on a sport quad and have even seen a few talented folks rig up a plow for their sport quad. It all depends on what you need and what ya got at the time. Plus this stuff does unbolt when it's time to go have fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah I know its not the coolest accessory for a sport machine but it worked great on my 1000 rene xxc. Just for the driveways nothing to hard. I can take rassing for wanting this on it you feel free. Lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hope they come out with a plow mount if not I'm going to be making one

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol forgot I posted this, but yah I have the plow from my XMR still so just gonna weld something up to work with front factory bumper, shouldnt be much to it at all and probably easier to pin on and off machine than crawl under.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lol those saying why put a plow on a machine like this, come live in Alberta and you will see haha. The one that said something about a winch....well again we don't all ride sand, go play in some muskeg without a winch and tell me how far you make it lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could look at a quadrax plow. It just hooks up to the rear receiver and your whinch would lift and lower it. It is a universal mount for the plow, so I'm not sure how well it would work compared to a front or even underbelly mounted plow designed for the machine. Probably the one I will get whenever I get a mav.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fender flares. These things are miserable in mud. I guess the engineers designed it strictly for desert and not eastern North America. IMG_0578[2].jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thx guys already making one that will fit in the rear reciever with bar under machine to be used with my existing plow I had with my XMR. Will post pics when done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
With 300 feet of driveway in the Colorado foothills.....pure sport or not, it's got to earn it's keep in the garage! There will be plow attached between November and March.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
oh a winch is a must!!!!!!!!!!! anything that will be off road
The dunes are pure off road and no winches are needed in the sand, unless she serves beers topless.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts