Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

One Belt to Rule ALL Belts! GBoost Releases World's Best Belt

18K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  mogyver69 
#1 ·
GBoost FINALLY released the World's Best Belt! Do you believe the claims?

• 3rd Generation heavy-duty, high-twist Aramid Fiber cord for HIGH HORSEPOWER TENSILE LOAD requirements. Making it the strongest belt on the market, surpassing even our Bad Ass Belt and Sand Storm lines.
  • Highest shock load rating to date being able to withstand the power of the 400hp machines.
  • Increased top cog pressure load design that increases sidewall rigidity, prevents top cog bowing, but still allows for increased rotational flexibility.
  • Bottom cog uses HIGH MODULUS RUBBER COMPOUND (BZX1) for better heat resistance and heat dissipation.
  • Bottom cog is impregnated with short Aramid Fibers for better belt-to-sheave adhesion and reduced overall belt temperature.
  • Latest bottom cog design for greater rotational efficiency at full shift.
  • Precision ground sidewall angle (SCUFFING) for smooth engagement, increased power transfer and lower operating belt temperature.
  • Aramid Fiber cord, versus polyester, wraps over bottom cogs for increased bottom cog strength.
  • Increased cord pop-out resistance.
https://blackmarketutv.com/collections/gboost

See less See more
#4 ·
evo says no
supposed to be close to oem belt rpms

#16 ·
I thought those crazy guys back east tested the OEM, G-boost and this newest one on their track? Stock ones did like 1 lap, bad ass did like 3, this new one did 10 and still was fine and lower temps

I don't have the link

Reactions: warlock
#20 ·
Yeah I watched that test and they did lap. After lap after lap until the car ran out of fuel and it never broke. I've been test running this belt on my Max since the last Dune trip in March April and few different trail rides probably have 400 miles on it.. Been good so far and my cars a Fatty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackMarketUTV
#22 ·
Well for those wondering still I'm unsure specs comparing rubber compounds,.doing your own research will find the info that being said here's my take on it

I have a x3 stage 3 tune on 34 inch motohavocs with the 2020 airbox upgrade and a razor back belt temp gage stock clutches and only thing replace in them were the secondary rollers along with the belt at the Sametime.

1800 and change km, I don't ride alot of mud but if I need to go through to get some where I will, lots of trail varying from 5km/h crawl to 148km/h pin it to win it, numerous 30 to 100 km distance stretches without stopping. Numerous 4x4 and 2wd boost launches, drag races, average cruise speeds for me vary from 70 to 120km/h on hard pack, sand, loose dirt and I never broke 180'f on the gauge. That being said selecting high and low is crucial at the times of need on belt life, and I broke just over 1800km on my last belt with all of that abuse, let buddy leisure drive the machine but not selecting high or low at proper times as he escribed and burnt a couples spots in the belt next ride i made it maybe 20 km with my aggressive driving and it blew. 18xx km vs a brp belt that lasted me maybe 60km with exact same driving style. Personal opinion I won't buy anything else but to maybe try the new gates redline line up when I blow up my next world's best belt

#27 ·
Tested to 400 hp in the dunes apparently, and guys at sxs blog all run them and now that they have Beast mode pushing 500 hp i can ceteranily say they are probably still running those belts in that too.
My personal experience with them hands down best belt so far I have ran from brp, gates carbon and this. Lower belt temps with same driving style just need to know when to use high and low range in certain conditions. Mine take alot of abuse from boost launches on everything from sand, asphalt, gravel

#29 ·
We all run them . 90% high gear in Kentucky and tenn. loading on trailer or rock crawling is the only time low is used. Long hill climbs and slow trail we still use high. Hell we even use high when climbing in diff lock. I’ve seen a few blown belts but it was total abuse . No belt would hold up what they were attempting to do. I like oem belt but I did get a few burn spots with my groups driving style and also had chunks taken out when inspecting. Wbb I haven’t seen that yet . I’m not saying it won’t just haven’t seen it in 1k miles on wbb. Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
This is an oem belt with 900 miles on it.

i can’t tell when I have to replace but surely don’t want it to break before I change it.

Just added a larger air box, cat delete, agency exhaust and pv3 level 3 aa tune to the car and want to make sure I have the “best” belt that can be had.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.