Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and gals. I'm on the fence about a max. I have my kids for all of the summer. The rest of the time it's just me and my gf. They are small 6 and 3. I'm debating about buying a max or just building a quick remove rear seat cage for the standard mav. I know about top heavy yada yada yada. If I did that.. I'm not going to be getting crazy with my kids back there either way and ill probably put long travel suspension on either one I get. SO. My question is would you buy a max if you only had two people most of the time or stick with the standard mav with the custom reat seat cage on for a couple months out of the year. The thing just looks long as hell and ill be riding everywhere from Moab rocks, to sand dunes, and trails in Utah. So I want the best for everything. I don't want to hear all the "it's top heavy" or unsafe comments. I've have had plenty of sxs with the rear seat and ill make it safe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Max is slightly less functional but as your kids get older they would need real seats.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I figured as they get older they would ride their own four wheelers or I might get them a mini rzr or trophy kart. I know the rzr4 rides better at speed in the desert and a lot if them prefer the xp4 for desert racing and just curious if the max will get the same treatment. I will do a few of the local borr snore and worcs races so I'm just trying to decide which one to get.....damnit! Too many options

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
there is no way I would put my young kids in a homemade back seat, roll cage device, even if I was an expert welder/fab guy. you increase the risk, if something happened, you would never forget it, now I hope it never does, im just saying, also in some states now its illegal to mod seats beyond the oem capacity. you cant even ride them in there state. they will also get bigger and still want to ride, way beyond the room a 2 seater will allow. also even when there bot riding, you have lots of good useabe storage room in back seat areas. since storage is not much, its welcome. especially if you hunt,fish, camp,etc. most trails the max works fine on, your not going to have any real issues with its size.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just get a max. You know you will always end up with one or two of you broke ass buddies wanting to go riding. I wish I could have both. There is a black one on here under the post "Airdam'd" and that bitch is bad.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The ride in the max is awesome. The extra wheelbase makes a huge difference. Also the interior noise and heat is much better for the driver. Sure it's not as fast but it has a lot of upside. I've got both the Mav and the max and the max is super nice

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dont stay on the fence too long, it could be detrimental to your manhood!

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
no, not me, but I will be up that way next month. hope to see you then
Bulldogs101. Were you in duck creek a couple weeks ago? I saw a mav max riding around up there 2-3 weeks ago...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Lol. As soon as I figure it all out ill be picking one up for sure!
The reason I kid you about it is because I have been known to suffer thru analysis paralysis. So I have learned to stick to the basics, make a decision and then try to keep moving. Your not in the game if your on the sidelines.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reason I kid you about it is because I have been known to suffer thru analysis paralysis. So I have learned to stick to the basis make a decision and then keep moving. Your not in the game if your on the sidelines.
Me too, and it kept me out of the game since I heard about the maxs. It all good

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The reason I kid you about it is because I have been known to suffer thru analysis paralysis. So I have learned to stick to the basis make a decision and then keep moving. Your not in the game if your on the sidelines.
Hi, my name is Steve, and I too suffer from Analysis Paralysis. I'm glad I read this, because I didn't know that there was a technical term for it! Thanks Marty.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hi, my name is Steve, and I too suffer from Analysis Paralysis. I'm glad I read this, because I didn't know that there was a technical term for it! Thanks Marty.
Dude you are sooo funny. :haha: Lets keep this AP condition on the down low cuz I dont want to be forced to go to any meeting. :crazy:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Dude you are sooo funny. :haha: Lets keep this AP condition on the down low cuz I dont want to be forced to go to any meeting. :crazy:
Well, lets think about this for a minute......oh wait, that wouldn't be a good thing now would it:smile:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was able to take my MAX out by myself in the dunes for the first time today. You can absolutely just haul a$$ in this thing. The stability is awesome. The extra length helps in the whoops also. Very pleased that I got one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm think the loss in some function will be more than offset by the gain of being able to ride 2 extras.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
217 Posts
I rode my max on red trails in Tennessee this weekend..a rzr4 800 and a rzr xp4 both turned over in a big rutted down,slopping hill. My max went right down it no problems. So stability on its not an issue...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the input guys. My biggest concern is rock crawling in Moab. I'll get a umhw skid and some taller tires to go with the xrs with QE so I should be alright. But I just didn't want to be the handicap in Moab lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts